Go get your 10.2.300 people :-)

Much smoother now that it runs Kinetic

You can access it also via Browser

@edge very sneaky, using webpack to bundle it all together.

Besides the homepage, Not much of Kinetic.

What I want to know what are these Astria dll’s (Codename Aurora), couldnt find much about that framework on google, cough @Bart_Elia

2018-10-19_1110

2 Likes

Astria = DocStar

3 Likes

Ahh gotcha, thanks =)

we are in the process of creating our own Angular Web interface. Do you know the timing of the availability?

The Infragistics Angular controls are nice looking, what made you go with Kendo? Though both seem to be easy to use in the Angular framework.

Anyone know why the default install path now uses the ICE version instead of ERP version?

C:\Epicor\ERP3.2.300.0Client instead of C:\Epicor\ERP10.2Client

Interesting.

1 Like

This will be addressed in 300.4 (might make 300.3).

4 Likes

No Way! Is this what I think it is.

(10.1.500.31) Part vs (10.2.300.2) Part

Finally a CreatedBy and CreatedOn on the Part table, no more Querying and digging through ChangeLog in BAQs!

5 Likes

Trying to upgrade customizations and decided to not ignore the overlapping control warnings this go around but no matter what I do they won’t go away. So far 200.14 to 300.2 No BAQ errors, no BPM errors, and very minimal customization errors, just things like this that I force validated on 200. is there a trick to these location conflicts?

I am just really excited about EssentialObjects, because I can already visualize all the things I can make with it.

Epicor 10.2.300 Menu Maintenance let’s you select a URL Form now. This is going to be GREAT for anyone who has external web-apps, QlikSense, QlikView etc, or a full-width dashboard that creates gauges and charts from data retrieved via Epicor REST. The best part it runs EO which is a Chrome based web view, so you can make use of latest web technologies like WebGL, SVG…

Now if Stephen @Edge makes it happen as we use LaunchForm that we can pass in ?params then we can use it also as a pop-up to fetch more data,visuals for a given record.

You can Embed a webpage in the Active homepage and there are checkboxes to send the Context & Token to the website you are embedding, it’ll pass it in as various GET params ?token=… and then you can use that to call Epicor REST.

Coming Soon:

Eventually we will also be able to embed a widget, page into a tab, groupbox.
2018-10-21_1125_001_001_001

Exciting Stuff! Same like CEFSharp, just having the ERP Vendor support it and make it more secure, flexible and robust is always a big plus!

4 Likes

I have Upgraded directly from 10.1.500.31 to 10.2.300.2 and some things I wrote down as interesting or to look into, going from 500 to 300 are:

I know some of them may have existed since 600 or 10.2.100

There is alot more than I am listing, I am only listing stuff that I care about.

InvoiceNum increased from 20 to 50 character limit

Part:

• CreatedBy
  • CreatedOn
  • ChangedOn

APInvHed

• Printed

Company

• EpicorAccountNum

ContextMenuItem

• MenuOrder
  • MenuEnabled
  • QueryID

PartTran

• AutoReverse
  • RevTranNum
  • RevSysDate
  • RevSysTime

PayMethod [ has its own Sequence ]

• AutoCheckNum
  • CheckNumSeq

ReportStyle

• RptCriteriaSetID

ShipHead:

• CreatedOn
  • SignedOn
  • SignedBy
  • FirstPrintDate

Terms

• Description from 30 to 50

Purchase Order Tracker Changed from Erp.UI.POTracker.dll to Erp.UI.POEntry.dll with Args of -formName POTrackerForm

New Menu:

• Handheld / MES Menu Security

New Reports:

• MES Menu Security
  • Health Check Test

New Table? SysConfig
Key1 HelpURL and SysCharacter01 shows the URL
Company=$$SYSM$$ has App Server Details

New Theme Epicor-ERP10 called "Light backgrounds"

Also attached is my CLIENT Comparison
Report.xlsx (317.8 KB)

Overall the Upgrade went without a problem and I used SQL Compare tools, my data was intact.

8 Likes

YES!!!

1 Like

@jgiese.wci - Maybe increase the spacing between the label and Freight Charges combobox? I had to pop in a help ticket (Case CS0001143349) for similar issues on an 10.2.200.x, and requested an enhancement to reduce the padding and not warn for overlaps. Dan D. noted issues like this for enhancement in future releases…

The Problem Case Number is PRB0206232 and has the following Description:

SUGGESTED ENHANCEMENT #1: Improve Verify algorithm in Customization Maintenance to eliminate false “Visible Area” Location Warnings by ignoring padding and only looking at the control itself (i.e. label or text box) and not the handle squares around it.

That was my first guess, added 8px between them to start then 12px and still wasn’t resolving. At that point I determined I’m wasting more space than actually fixing anything LOL

Some Feature Highlights @Drozy2017 finds note-worthy; good share!:

• Epicor Kinetic Framework
  • Contextual Video Help
    • Some forms now have an associated help video that will open in a browser, accessible via the Help menu
  • Enhanced PCID functionalities in Advanced Material Management
  • Company Configuration - Unapproved PO and Unconfirmed PO Settings
    • You can select to allow, warn or stop employees when they create receipts for unapproved/unconfirmed purchase orders
  • Supplier Price List – Part and Subcontract Operation file attachment support
  • Tracker Transaction History Range
    • Use the Number of Days field in Company Configuration to set the default number of days of history to retrieve when retrieving transactions in trackers
  • New Change Log for Supply Chain Programs and Trackers (27 of them!)