Hanging Session

I don't know about 6.1, but in 8.03 if the user login is idle past the timeout limit, then their license becomes available. The user stays logged in, but if you run out of free licenses, then the next login will grab their license and they will essentially be logged out. If the user comes back to their workstation after the timeout limit, they will either be able to continue in Vantage like nothing was wrong, or they will be forced to log in again which isn't a problem as long as there is a free or available license.

You didn't say, but are they logging back in on a different work station? If so, then I think the only way around it is to give them multiple login rights. If you do give them multiple login rights, then I would set their timeout limit to something like 15 minutes, that way you aren't tying up licenses unnecessarily.

If the problem is on the same workstation, then it sounds like you might have a problem that is killing their client session without releasing the licenses. Sorry, I know this isn't much help.

Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5:22:53 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Hanging Session

Â
I have set client timeout as 90 minutes for my vantage 6.10.
It works fine but the problem is,user session remains hanging in the server and user cannot log in back without manually killing the session from the server.
Is there any way by which server kills the session once timeout is exceeded.
thank you
Zuhaib

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I have set client timeout as 90 minutes for my vantage 6.10.
It works fine but the problem is,user session remains hanging in the server and user cannot log in back without manually killing the session from the server.
Is there any way by which server kills the session once timeout is exceeded.
thank you
Zuhaib