How do I get multiple sheets on a dashboard?

As you can see in the screenshot I have a dashboard with two queries on it currently. The bottom one populates from the selected row of the top query. I would like to do this exact same setup, on a new sheet. I have an entirely new top query and bottom query I would like to put on this same dashboard. Is this possible? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

You could try setting publish and filter properties on you components.

“Parent” query properties, “Publish” key field(s)
“Child” query properties, add filters by parent field(s)

I would also download the customizaation guides from EpicCare.
A good place to start with all the basics.

You should be able to just drag your chart views around to create new tabs (while you’re in the dashboard designer). It can be a little finicky to get it to make the new tab sometimes.

Before (4 grid views scrunched up):

After:

1 Like

@bordway I am not exactly sure what your driving at here. Are you saying use a parent query to decide which query’s to show / hide?

@Asz0ka I have been able to do that, but what I’m going for is to have two query’s one on top of the other, similar to your first picture. Then I want to be able to change off both those query’s to two new query’s at the same time.

On reading your descriptions again, I guess I’m not sure what you were driving at either.
Wondering what components are involved and how the final outcome should look.
Possible you can explain again, in some other way, maybe mock something up in an image?

i.e. I can’t quite envision what is meant by the statement above.

@bordway I’m basically trying to create a new sheet.
In the image below, the part tab would have two query’s, one on top of the other.

Then under the accounting tab, there would be two entirely different query’s on the top and bottom of the page.

If this isn’t quite clear enough I can mock something up in paint!

OK, I thought you were working in dashboard designer.

I think what you want is to look at the Sheet Wizard in form customization instead?
Along with adding embedded dashboard(s) to those sheet(s), where you’d set up your subscribe options.

If this is what you are going for…
Then the sheet wizard steps for getting the blank sheets in the positions you want shouldn’t be too hard to get thru. Embedding the dashboards on the other hand might take a few tries though… not really hard, just not exactly intutive. Which is why I might get the customization guide from EpicCare, or look at their online knowledgebase. I remember there is at least one paper on setting up the filters in dashboards for embedding/subscribing.

@bordway Awesome, thanks! I’ll get the guide from epiccare next!

Hi Keenan,

We have an embedded dashboard in Sales order entry with two grids, one showing all order releases and second showing part availability in three plants, based on upper grid selection.
This is what the dashboard looks like; I can’t recall why but we needed to deploy dashboard assembly to the menu structure to get it into the customization properly. The guide from epic care should help along with search here for embed dashboard in customization to get yours going.

Nancy

1 Like