Knowledge sharing, so other folks don’t have to struggle as long as I did to figure this out.
If you took the extended ed for app studio, there was a section where you can add a custom tool. In the lab, it has you enter “mdi mdi-van-utility” into the icon property. That’s all well and good, but what if you want something else?
I could not find a resource folder of sorts in the server folder, so on a whim I tried Google and found this website: https://iconify.design/icon-sets/mdi/
Epicor linked me to the website that they use internally. These should all work!
You can search for an icon and use the name.
From what I can tell, it’s been hit-or-miss, but at least some of them are there!
Until I can get a defined list from Epicor, this will be my go-to.
So, to add the toolbar icon:
- On a panel grid (or wherever), find the “Action Data” section. Sometimes it’s in “Advanced” sometimes not.
- Enter an ID and description.
- For the icon, enter “mdi” followed by the name of the mdi from the website. For example: “mdi mdi-note-outline”
- Check the “Add to Primary Toolbar”
- Save and test!
- There’s no On-Click behavior *yet*, so you’ll have to wire up the event manually, using a trigger, hook, and referencing the control ID.