How to Disable Kinetic UI Globally in 2022.2?

I went to my Kinetic 2022.2 environment and switched sites, and sure enough the next program I opened up showed the yellow nag bar. But I did not click Snooze, just closed the program, and then tried opening other programs - no nag bar. Tried opening up the original program again (SN Maintenance) and it wasn’t there either. A little disappointing it doesn’t work 100%, but I guess working 99% I can live with for now.

It does beat “altering” a DLL and maintaining that for all your clients…

It must be calling an another getrows, or getbyid etc when you switch sites.

Run a trace for me, I can’t :slight_smile:

There USED TO BE Kinetic Application Maintenance, but now in 2022.2.11 it is gone?
Manually have to toggle in Menu Maintenance, as was the first post, if you don’t want to code things out, but why would they take away the Kinetic Application Maintenance…well yeah. lol
Great thread and code though, thanks all!
George

Another observation: the BPM fix method doesn’t seem to work for people running the the Classic home screen (i.e. Kinetic.exe /CLASSIC ) Must be a different set of methods called to get menu entries for classic home screen. I haven’t had time to do a trace yet.

1 Like

You probably won’t be able to. It calls those methods before tracing starts!

I think you can turn persistent tracing on and then log off/log on. Or turn it on for the user itself…

Tried that, guess what…

suspense GIF

You are my hero!!!

Just tried this and can confirm it works in Kinetic 2022.2.11

This does not seem to work for classic MES. I still get the banner in some screens. Any ideas? I ran a trace but don’t see any similar methods being called.

I never even thought of looking in MES. Might call a different GetRows method.

Apparently MES runs the GetRows method on launch, so I was not seeing the method being called. I saw it once I set tracing options to persist and relaunched.

Adding the code to Ice.BO.Menu.GetRows fixed it for me.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

The BPM to disable snooze banners in classic screens doesn’t seem to work in 2023.1. Has anyone found a solution for 2023.1?

I don’t really have time to mess with it at the moment, but if I find some, I’ll post back.