I have an idea, can it work? (Vantage ..409C)

wow, thanks. I need to try that out. Some times little bits of information is all you need to connect the dots to finish a larger piece of work. this can possibly open up enormous possibilities.

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:41 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] I have an idea, can it work? (Vantage ..409C)

That is correct. Since you can pass the entire dataset from the sub back to the main, you can then set a process variable with the data you need for the next iteration. In the sub workflow config you have the option to pass the msg:usr section as well. An even cheasier option would simply be to post the parameters you want to use for the next iteration in some table (be it a UD table you are already getting rows or data from, or any UD field in a table within your work flow youre getting data from). Sort of like indexing logic, you just grab the last value posted as you go along your merry way. Either one would be just as effective.

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-0590
FAX: (715)284-4084
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:33 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

I am not sure if I am getting what everyone is saying.

I know how to receive results from a single iteration and process them after the entire Sub-workflow is complete and even filtering them. I don't know how to catch the values in the middle of the process of the sub-workflow and pass that back into the sub-workflow for the next iteration to use. This sound like it is easy from the responses from everyone, but I have not figured it out yet.

I do not understand the statement "merge the response". I would need to take the QtyCompleted in one operation and pass that to the next operation to use it in a calculation to find the Open Qty value. So the passed variable would not be a summed field.

So are you all talking about being able to receive the value from one iteration and pass it to the next iteration?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Ted Koch
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:21 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Vantage] I have an idea, can it work? (Vantage ..409C)

To get a value from a sub-workflow try setting it to execute synchronously and merge the response. I also set the XSD Schema on the finish splitter, ex: http://scshost/schemas/UserSchemas/Pilot_GetJobProdQery4Asm.xsd. Then the first conversion after the sub-workflow call uses http://scshost/schemas/UserSchemas/Pilot_GetJobProdQery4Asm.xsd. This has worked for me to get values from a sub-workflow. I'm guessing there is also more than one way to do this.

To: "vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>" <vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>>
Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:58 PM

I don't know how to maintain a value between iteration in SC. I know how to pass in values to a sub-workflow, but have never had the luck of figuring out how to pass values between iteration. That is the big reason for thinking about keeping it in the customization.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:52 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

I should add, I would address your scheduling portion with a scheduled BAQ export process to get the ball rolling. Doing all this in a form doesn't make sense based on what you've described.

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:46 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

I concur with Zac, this would not be hard to do in SC... even considering your use of parameters between records..there are several ways to address that capability. I can't speak to the effect of whether or not it is possible with an embedded customization (my SC skills are much greater than my .net skills).

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:11 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

For the SC you can create process variables that move from a parent to the child then back to the parent. Its been quite some time since I last did this.

As for saving a value from one record to another you have to make sure in your workflow that the RowMod value is set to "U".

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
Intermountain Electronics, Inc.
O: 877-544-2291
M: 435-820-6515
F: 435-637-9601
www.ie-corp.com

Creating customer confidence through extraordinary service and experienced industry experts.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:29 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

I agree with that, except that I already have it done in a customization and to redo it in SC will take some time. I have also found it difficult in SC to use a value on one record and assigning it to another record. Or at least I have not found the way to save a value coming out of a sub-workflow and using it in the next iteration.
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:03 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

I can see this being done with service connect, but I am not sure if it can be done with a customization.

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com<http://www.ie-corp.com>

Creating customer confidence through extraordinary service and experienced industry experts.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:23 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] I have an idea, can it work? (Vantage ..409C)

I want to create some functionality in JobEntry Form. I want it to loop through ALL open-Released jobs updating the open Qty for that job and saving it to a UD field.

THIS I HAVE. (well I have the functionality to do it to 1 job at a time but now I am going to put that in a loop, which should not be hard.)

Now my idea is to be able to schedule this functionality. So I would like:
1) - Schedule calling up Job Entry Form ( if this is not possible then everything else is a moot point.
2) - Pass parameters to the Job Entry Form, this would be the trigger to activate the OpenQty update functionality.

so what does everyone think? Is this possible? Can a Form be placed in a scheduler? Can you pass parameters to a form? I need all of your great wisdom on this.

Thank you in advance.

Dan

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/>
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links

I want to create some functionality in JobEntry Form. I want it to loop through ALL open-Released jobs updating the open Qty for that job and saving it to a UD field.

THIS I HAVE. (well I have the functionality to do it to 1 job at a time but now I am going to put that in a loop, which should not be hard.)

1) - Schedule calling up Job Entry Form ( if this is not possible then everything else is a moot point.
2) - Pass parameters to the Job Entry Form, this would be the trigger to activate the OpenQty update functionality.

so what does everyone think? Is this possible? Can a Form be placed in a scheduler? Can you pass parameters to a form? I need all of your great wisdom on this.

Thank you in advance.

Dan
I can see this being done with service connect, but I am not sure if it can be done with a customization.

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc

Thank you in advance.

Dan

I agree with that, except that I already have it done in a customization and to redo it in SC will take some time. I have also found it difficult in SC to use a value on one record and assigning it to another record. Or at least I have not found the way to save a value coming out of a sub-workflow and using it in the next iteration.

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc

Thank you in advance.

Dan

For the SC you can create process variables that move from a parent to the child then back to the parent. Its been quite some time since I last did this.

As for saving a value from one record to another you have to make sure in your workflow that the RowMod value is set to "U".

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Thank you in advance.

Dan

I concur with Zac, this would not be hard to do in SC... even considering your use of parameters between records..there are several ways to address that capability. I can't speak to the effect of whether or not it is possible with an embedded customization (my SC skills are much greater than my .net skills).

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Thank you in advance.

Dan

What parameters you want to poass to the form? The only parameter you can
pass to the form is that parameter which it takes (in this case JobNum)

You can call a form directly, by using mfgsys.exe /MENUID

*Jose C Gomez*
*Software Engineer*
*checkout my new blog <http://www.usdoingstuff.com> *
*T: 904.469.1524 mobile
E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/josecgomez> <http://www.facebook.com/josegomez>
<http://www.google.com/profiles/jose.gomez> <http://www.twitter.com/joc85>
<http://www.josecgomez.com/professional-resume/>
<http://www.josecgomez.com/feed/>
<http://www.usdoingstuff.com>

*Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?*

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:

> **
>
>
> I concur with Zac, this would not be hard to do in SC... even considering
> your use of parameters between records..there are several ways to address
> that capability. I can't speak to the effect of whether or not it is
> possible with an embedded customization (my SC skills are much greater than
> my .net skills).
>
> Rob Bucek
> Production Control Manager
> PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> Mobile: (715)896-0590
> FAX: (715)284-4084
> [Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<
> http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> (Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
> Of Zac Jason Woodward
> Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:11 PM
>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [Vantage] I have an idea, can it work? (Vantage ..409C)
>
> For the SC you can create process variables that move from a parent to the
> child then back to the parent. Its been quite some time since I last did
> this.
>
> As for saving a value from one record to another you have to make sure in
> your workflow that the RowMod value is set to "U".
>
> "Zac" Jason Woodward
> Network Administrator
> Intermountain Electronics, Inc.
> O: 877-544-2291
> M: 435-820-6515
> F: 435-637-9601
> www.ie-corp.com
>
> Creating customer confidence through extraordinary service and experienced
> industry experts.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
> vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of
> Dan Godfrey
>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:29 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
> I agree with that, except that I already have it done in a customization
> and to redo it in SC will take some time. I have also found it difficult in
> SC to use a value on one record and assigning it to another record. Or at
> least I have not found the way to save a value coming out of a sub-workflow
> and using it in the next iteration.
> ________________________________
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf
> Of Zac Jason Woodward
>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:03 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
> I can see this being done with service connect, but I am not sure if it
> can be done with a customization.
>
> "Zac" Jason Woodward
> Network Administrator
> Intermountain Electronics, Inc.
> O: 877-544-2291
> M: 435-820-6515
> F: 435-637-9601
> www.ie-corp.com<http://www.ie-corp.com>
>
> Creating customer confidence through extraordinary service and experienced
> industry experts.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
> vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf
> Of dgodfrey_amc
>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:23 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
> Subject: [Vantage] I have an idea, can it work? (Vantage ..409C)
>
> I want to create some functionality in JobEntry Form. I want it to loop
> through ALL open-Released jobs updating the open Qty for that job and
> saving it to a UD field.
>
> THIS I HAVE. (well I have the functionality to do it to 1 job at a time
> but now I am going to put that in a loop, which should not be hard.)
>
> Now my idea is to be able to schedule this functionality. So I would like:
> 1) - Schedule calling up Job Entry Form ( if this is not possible then
> everything else is a moot point.
> 2) - Pass parameters to the Job Entry Form, this would be the trigger to
> activate the OpenQty update functionality.
>
> so what does everyone think? Is this possible? Can a Form be placed in a
> scheduler? Can you pass parameters to a form? I need all of your great
> wisdom on this.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Dan
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>

I should add, I would address your scheduling portion with a scheduled BAQ export process to get the ball rolling. Doing all this in a form doesn't make sense based on what you've described.

Rob Bucek

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Thank you in advance.

Dan

I don't know how to maintain a value between iteration in SC. I know how to pass in values to a sub-workflow, but have never had the luck of figuring out how to pass values between iteration. That is the big reason for thinking about keeping it in the customization.

Rob Bucek

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Thank you in advance.

Dan

To get a value from a sub-workflow try setting it to execute synchronously and merge the response. I also set the XSD Schema on the finish splitter, ex: http://scshost/schemas/UserSchemas/Pilot_GetJobProdQery4Asm.xsd. Then the first conversion after the sub-workflow call uses http://scshost/schemas/UserSchemas/Pilot_GetJobProdQery4Asm.xsd. This has worked for me to get values from a sub-workflow. I'm guessing there is also more than one way to do this.

I don't know how to maintain a value between iteration in SC. I know how to pass in values to a sub-workflow, but have never had the luck of figuring out how to pass values between iteration. That is the big reason for thinking about keeping it in the customization.

Rob Bucek

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc

Thank you in advance.

Dan

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note:Â You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.Â
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links

I know how to receive results from a single iteration and process them after the entire Sub-workflow is complete and even filtering them. I don't know how to catch the values in the middle of the process of the sub-workflow and pass that back into the sub-workflow for the next iteration to use. This sound like it is easy from the responses from everyone, but I have not figured it out yet.

I do not understand the statement "merge the response". I would need to take the QtyCompleted in one operation and pass that to the next operation to use it in a calculation to find the Open Qty value. So the passed variable would not be a summed field.

So are you all talking about being able to receive the value from one iteration and pass it to the next iteration?

Rob Bucek

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Thank you in advance.

Dan

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.

That is correct. Since you can pass the entire dataset from the sub back to the main, you can then set a process variable with the data you need for the next iteration. In the sub workflow config you have the option to pass the msg:usr section as well. An even cheasier option would simply be to post the parameters you want to use for the next iteration in some table (be it a UD table you are already getting rows or data from, or any UD field in a table within your work flow youre getting data from). Sort of like indexing logic, you just grab the last value posted as you go along your merry way. Either one would be just as effective.

Rob Bucek

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:33 PM

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com><mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator
www.ie-corp.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Dan Godfrey

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Zac Jason Woodward

"Zac" Jason Woodward
Network Administrator

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of dgodfrey_amc
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Thank you in advance.

Dan

(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/>