I'm using the Epicor REST API and I have a problem with a PartNum that includes a '/'

I’m using this request: Erp.BO.PartSvc/Parts({Company},{PartNum})
The problem is that some of our parts have special characters such as ‘/’ in their code. It causes a problem when I try to verify if it exists via the REST API. How can I do this?

I know that I can call the GET /Parts Endpoint and then loop through every part but it will cause performances problems since there is a lot of parts in our system.

Thanks

Are you URL Encoding your call?

I tried to use urlencode but I had an error returned

Even in the API page, I can’t get it to work

i’m sure the swagger UI will not like it, but what error are you getting when you try on postman while encoding the url

(Yet another reason not to put Special characters in part numbers… I bet a Double-Quote will cause problems as well)

Here is my document that describes good part-numbering standards to follow and why. Part Numbering Standards - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum

2 Likes

I agree with you but I’m not the one in charge of these parts numbering, I’ll see if we can fix this before we start using Epicor in our company but so far, our parts have special characters and it’s staying like that since so many things are linked to that.

Finally, I found a solution.

In GET /Parts in the parameter $filter, set the value to: PartNum eq ‘POLYEB-1/4’

1 Like