Insights 2020 - In Person or Online?

Makes me think of a few other brands that have suffered similarly

Spam - Hormel Foods’ meat product, whose name is now synonymous with electronic junk mail.

Ayds - Pronounced “Aids” - a candy meant for appetite suppression/dieting

2 Likes

Spam is terrible anyways, so no loss there. LOL
My dad used to make me something when I was younger that he called Poker Buns, but are basically these: Spam Victory Buns Recipe

:face_vomiting:

Whoa! :astonished: I never knew you could make spam worse! Have you had your arteries checked lately. @hmwillett? LOL :grimacing:

Woot Spam is delicious deep fried with some sugar… YUM!

3 Likes

That was a good 15-20 years ago, lol. No more Poker Buns, overcooked, hockey-puck hamburgers, or dry pork chops for me! If you haven’t gathered, my dad was not the best chef. lmao

Well, when you put it that way! I could definitely see that being good then. You could deep fry a stick and top it with some sugar and I’d eat it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Whew @hmwillett! Hopefully those arteries are cleared by now then! :sweat_smile: My Dad left a miserable job to go back to school when I was younger and he took care of us during the day and for lunch he used to always make his specialty: Macaroni and cheese with slices of hot dogs in it! I lived off of that in my younger years. I wonder if he would have used spam if that would have made it any fancier. :man_cook: (Secret reveal: I’ve never had spam before in my life! :scream: I think that’s one of those things I’d like to imagine as one of the 7 wonders of the world that I’ll probably never experience in my life… :woman_shrugging::grin: )

Man–I’m an adult and I STILL love this meal. 10/10 will eat it my entire life.

If you like the taste of salt, go for it! lol…

1 Like

WOOT! We have to fix this! If you come to insights I’ll bring you some spam

1 Like

Spam fried in a pan with brown sugar and served with pineapple, was a staple when I was a kid. Not fond of it, but I did eat it. Haven’t had spam since i moved out to college - some 35 years ago.

2 Likes

Jose Gomez:

1 Like

Maybe a side trip to a theater presenting Spamalot?

2 Likes

Now that’s some spam I can get on board with.

Macaroni and polish sausage to make it more fancy.

3 Likes

Alright! :smiley: Just wrap it in a big red bow! LOL I hope microwaved spam is just as good as pan fried. LOL :wink: We can all have a spam and Corona party! Woot-woot! Nashville here we come! :raised_hands: :rofl:

Actually, they will probably find out some crazy thing like spam cures Corona! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sounds like a perfect menu for the epiusers meeting (if there is one this year).

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, this is from their events team:

We understand there is concern around the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and how it impacts the upcoming Epicor Insights Customer Conference. We are actively monitoring the situation and following guidance provided by the CDC, World Health Organization and specific government guidelines by country.

Our highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of our attendees, our speakers, and our sponsors. At this time Insights will take place as planned in Nashville on May 3-6. We know many of you are considering the appropriate measures to take within your own organizations and how to prepare yourself and your workforce for this outbreak. We encourage you to continue taking all precautionary steps to maintain your health.

As you know, this is a fluid situation and we will continue to provide updates if there’s any impact to the event. Barring that, we look forward to seeing you in Nashville in May.

Holly Smith
Insights Event Team

3 Likes

Even if they could reschedule the Insights conference for a later date like in the Fall, (I’m sure that is easier said than done) they would probably get a much larger attendance. Rather than having it right in the midst of all of this. Especially considering all of the other tech conferences that have cancelled their events already.

1 Like

Ewww, microwaved spam?! Must… not… imagine… :nauseated_face:

1 Like

The only meat product that could be worse than microwaved spam, is microwaved scrapple.

(FTR - I believe Spam is already cooked, so you could actually eat it right out of the tin)