Insights 2020 (RE: COVID-19 Attendance Poll)

So I’m really up for coming, but I see that flights from the UK have now been included in the block list from Europe. If that doesn’t get lifted, then the choice is made for me sadly :cry:

For those of us whose companies are still on the fence – the cancellation policy says April 3rd is the last day to cancel and get a refund (last I checked, perhaps this could change in these circumstances). Odds are things are going to look pretty bad by then, and I think Insights will see a huge number of cancellations in the next two weeks. In my humble opinion this needs to get pushed to the Fall. We’re not going to be out of the woods with coronavirus by May 3rd.

2 Likes

CDC just issued advisories to cancel gatherings of over 50 people for 8 weeks
So I’d say … we are screwed

3 Likes

Heard on the morning news that we could be dealing with Covid-19 for up to six months, as new cases ebb off and people recover. They’re hoping it’s not going to start causing new infections but no one knows for sure.

I have missed Insights EVERY YEAR in the 3.5 years in this gig. This was finally going to be the year. Was really looking forward to Nashville, too.

Plus…

Looks like they haven’t formally adopted it as a policy yet? Just checked their website:

Metro Nashville Public Health Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Response and Information

COVID-19 Coronavirus

The Metro Public Health Department is updating its guidance today with respect to large gatherings of people in Nashville and Davidson County based on evidence from the progression of COVID-19 in the United States and elsewhere, and on recently updated CDC guidance.

At this time Metro Public Health is not requiring closures or cancellations but does want the community to be aware of risks that can be mitigated or avoided with reasonable precautions. Metro Public Health is monitoring the situation carefully and this guidance may be updated at any time.

https://www.nashville.gov/Health-Department/Coronavirus.aspx

1 Like

We have three registered as well:
We have a travel ban through work through 4/30 right now, so depending we wouldn’t make it. I know one would choose to go, one wouldn’t as his wife is pregnant and wouldn’t want to risk it and I would prefer if it was pushed.

2 Likes

I’m registered, but fully expect it to be cancelled or postponed any moment now.

2 Likes

I heard the bars in Nashville were closed down.
You may be out of luck :frowning:

1 Like

We had one registered but the company is restricting travel, so he is having to cancel out.

And … there I blow

You kind of always blow safe harbor this is my opinion

Our travel ban ends May 1st, so I might still be there?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*currently, only goes to May 1st

FIXED

:wink:

1 Like

Survey Done… see Epicor Insights 2022 Conference | Epicor U.S.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @timshuwy

1 Like

Officially cancelled.

2 Likes

yup just got it too

2 Likes