Insights 2023 - After Action Report

:face_vomiting:

Iā€™m pretty sure that Collaborate plays well with Slack and Teams - maybe with an extra license :thinking:.

This is a two-way street. I want to reduce context switching. I donā€™t want to be in Teams or Outlook and have to switch to Kinetic either. If I already have a collaboration tool, I donā€™t want to add another one. This was the deal-breaker for Epicor Social IMHO which I shared freelyā€¦and all too often. :angel:

Collaborate is a solid idea and I completely agree with @Banderson, @knash, and @MikeGross.

3 Likes

Teams is what they showed. There wasnā€™t anything else that they mentioned. Iā€™m assuming since they are a microsoft partner they are sticking with them. And I get not needing to be actually in Epicor to get a message. Iā€™m sure you could do some stuff with Workato to whatever program you wanted, but they said with the Teams plugin, it was 2 way, so when you made a reply in Teams, is showed in the appropriate thread in collaborate. (Not that I was able to test it, but I did ask the question). I think a home grown connection would be a lot of work to get the same functionality.

1 Like

There were not any huge Epicor ideas that were closed, but many small ones, especially in the UX Improvements category. We presented our completed items for 2022.2, and 2023.1 which had lightbulbs showing the items that came out of Epicor Ideas. We have recently ramped up our use of Epicor Ideas again, so that in the 2023.2 release, there will be way over 1000 votes closed due to the ideas.

There are 341 ideas closed for UX optimization in 2023.1ā€¦ thank you all for your suggestions! Other items included USB Scale interface, Co-Parts as a first class citizen, Lot trace views, Automated Fulfillment, visual Procure to pay interfaceā€¦
in 2022.1, we completed eSignatures, MTO in Fulfillment WOrkbench, Rev based inventory & Planning by revision, PCID for WIP.

5 Likes

Yes. What would you like to know?

They had a booth and Iā€™ve been testing it.
They said I could talk about it. :safe_harbor:

1 Like

Can I:

• Restart the Task Agent or kill a job thatā€™s stuck?
  • Copy Prod to another environment?
  • Upload Electronic Interface programs?
  • Perform a backup of an environment?

@Mark_Wonsil @Banderson Context switching is a problem - absolutely. Second or third collaboration tool - also a problem. My idea is categorization of data - in our case itā€™s pretty cut and dry. For others it may be too indistinct to be useful or clear enough for people to work with.

As for Teams, I donā€™t think itā€™s for us. We donā€™t really use Teams for ā€˜teamsā€™ and we use it sporadically now for anything other than meetings, I think the re-focus to Collaborate might work well for us for customer-oriented data and internal conversations. But thatā€™s us, not everyone.

If you have your customers and/or partners linked up in Teams groups, and they participate in these conversations, then I think itā€™s a great idea.

1 Like

Task Agent - Yes
Copy Prod - Yes

Also
Stop site
Upgrade
Db Regen

They are working on more, but I am limited on saying anything else without asking and it would be littered with liberal @timshuwy , oops I mean safe harbor - forward looking statements :safe_harbor: :rofl:

Sample of some of the slides from one of my Sessions (which are apparently of little value - tough crowd).

These are images of the Portal in itā€™s current form and it will be somewhat different in the general release. For example, Start/Stop will likely go away replaced with Restart.

Restart - Yes
Copy Prod to Pilot / Other - yes (and you can pick from any Backup - Prod or Pilot - as the source DB).
Upload Electronic Interface programs - on the roadmap
Perform a Backup - no. Refresh DB option allows selection of all Backups made in last 30 days.

As @klincecum says: Safe Harborā€¦

AKS Cloud Portal Insights 2023.pdf (308.4 KB)

5 Likes

Any chance of that leaking into on-prem? Iā€™m sure you will have some nice automation built into that where, while we may not need it could be helpful/useful.

4 Likes

@Rich oh yes please, pretty please!

2 Likes

NO! You want Cloud features, you move to the Cloud.

See, it can go both ways. :laughing: :rofl: :face_in_clouds:

The new cloud SDK was sweet I am excited about that because it means there is a slim chance one day we may be able to go SaaS.

But regardless the new cloud friendly features of the SDK are :fire:. I like the idea of a Basic CRUD service and everything else driving by functions and bpm.

And yes those are available for on-prem too, if you have the SDK you can now add tables, relationships and spin up a fully working CRUD service including SWAGER docs with no code and that is hot stuff!

Clean and simple.

4 Likes

You buried the lead! AKS instead of manual installations!!! That means on-prem users could use those images with Azure Arc as well! This is a great direction @Rich.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve clearly never configured those

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Mostly kiddingā€¦ but seriously so many buttons/options!

This is a great step in the right direction for sure.

1 Like

Ok, I will pile on this topic, would be nice to copy all forms from live to pilot which sit outside the database. Seams like the next logical step with the portal.

2 Likes

I have to admit. I was saying AKS but thinking ACI. Yes, AKS is not easy to set up but easier than rolling your own clusterā€¦(second word left off to keep it PG13).

1 Like

Before you get too excited. They said they would not be sharing their tooling or scripts for that.

What about images? :thinking:

Didnā€™t ask, or hear it asked. @Rich

If you type Epicor in the GIF search, these are the only two that return. :thinking:

I was hoping for something funnier to give you an image @Mark_Wonsil , but the second one is definitely weird. I wonder if @hmwillett made it with DALL-E

Dowhatmatters GIF by Avanade

GIF by Andrewknives