Intermec CK75 Scanner Questions

Since Windows Embedded Handheld is EOL next year I’m planning on switching to android and hopefully mobile warehouse if I can get approval. Ready to leave windows mobile behind…

Is that something that can be easily flashed on the Handheld?

Yes, the process is pretty easy, but Honeywell charges $100 per device to switch it from Windows to Android.

Well… It may be worth it is all the issues I’m having gets resolved :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just found out that its a CK71. There isn’t an Android download for it… Will Honeywell offer to do it for us (for the fee)?

Looks like it’s a “NO” to moving a CK71 to Android. Someone mentioned that there was an older version of the RDP client that scales correctly. Could someone provide the link?

Did you contact Honeywell to be sure?
This is what we bought for our CK75s, but I can’t tell if it would work for the 71s.

AARON WILLETT
LEAD DEVELOPER
ElS Corporate Headquarters
241 N Broadway Suite 600, Milwaukee, WI 53202
Aaron.Willett@Elkay.com :black_small_square: www.elkayinteriorsystems.comhttp://www.elkayinteriorsystems.com
O: 414.847.0701 x32101 :black_small_square: C: 414.255.6462

For what it is worth, we took one look at Epicor’s solution last year and said ‘no…’. We have gone with a company called Bezlio who builds web based tools that integrate with Epicor. It looks good, works, integrates really well, and allows us to choose pretty much what ever android/apple scanner device we want. We have just started to really use it and we are all pleased so far. We went with higher end Zebra (MC 3300) running latest version of Android and a cheap handheld scanner from Amazon. Both work well.

oh, and no RDP!

1 Like

Yeah, RDP (especially exposed to the Internet) has turned into a huge security risk.

Ah, that’s a bummer.

Here is the rdp we are using on our CK71’s drop it in the windows folder on the handhelds over the native one and it should work for you. wpctsc.zip (40.7 KB)

2 Likes

You need to use the old RDP. Because Epicor not properly handling HI_RES_AWARE and relying on RDP to just do it… In other words, opening up security flaws :smiley: But same here, I had to patch the .exe