Invoice order complete field customer and order header 905702A

Just glad that I could help!

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <nhoyt111@...> wrote :

Hi Sue,

Thank you SO much!  I never knew about this PatchFld table.  Six years into using Epicor... still seem to learn something new every day.   Now I don't need to ask some poor soul to review every customer record and every open sales order manually.

Nancy

Good Morning,

Epicor customer entry and order entry show that there are these two fields for invoice when order complete:

Order "invoice when complete" default (customer / billing tab)

Customer.InvcOrderCmpDfl

and 

Invoice when complete (order summary tab)

OrderHed.InvcOrderCmp

We don't use this functionality and when it is accidentally checked, causes us loads of downstream problems.  I've tried using BAQ, external query, and sql studio to view them and no go.  They just aren't in the tables listed.  I can't find the fields anywhere.  Does anyone know where these fields might be found?  I can't even write a BAM to audit or a BPM to prevent checking.  I prefer not to hide or disable, as who knows, maybe 10 years from now someone will want to use the functionality in our company.

Thanks,

Nancy

If you look at field help at this field in order entry you will see the external check box is checked (it will be grayed out). This means the field is stored in another table, usually the PatchFld table. This is a temporary table that Epicor uses to store fields until a patch with a schema change moves them to the table they should be in. You can link the OrderHed table to the PatchFld table with OrderHed.Company=PatchFld.Company and OrderHed.OrderNum=PatchFld.ForeignKey. Set the criteria for the PatchFld.TableName=OrderHed and PatchFld.Field=InvcOrderCmp. You can then access the PatchFld.DataLogical field for the True/False value.

Sue

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <nhoyt111@...> wrote :

Good Morning,

Epicor customer entry and order entry show that there are these two fields for invoice when order complete:

Order "invoice when complete" default (customer / billing tab)

Customer.InvcOrderCmpDfl

and 

Invoice when complete (order summary tab)

OrderHed.InvcOrderCmp

We don't use this functionality and when it is accidentally checked, causes us loads of downstream problems.  I've tried using BAQ, external query, and sql studio to view them and no go.  They just aren't in the tables listed.  I can't find the fields anywhere.  Does anyone know where these fields might be found?  I can't even write a BAM to audit or a BPM to prevent checking.  I prefer not to hide or disable, as who knows, maybe 10 years from now someone will want to use the functionality in our company.

Thanks,

Nancy

Hi Sue,

Thank you SO much!  I never knew about this PatchFld table.  Six years into using Epicor... still seem to learn something new every day.   Now I don't need to ask some poor soul to review every customer record and every open sales order manually.

Nancy