Is there a way to print a Part Image on a SSRS Report

Fixed it. Thanks Calvin!!!

Thank you for this. My issue to render the image on another Epicor Form (e.g. Job, etc) how could I accomplish this?

Hi,

I want to rise this topic again. Maybe someone already built baq and ssrs on cloud, where you can get part image from attributes. I have tried to add BPM in BAQ as @josecgomez suggested but still trying to add loop while ttResults does not exist and ds allso(Last image). If i will be success(I hope), the question is how to set immage on SSRS, I mean it need to set MIME on SSRS and set “Use this field” with calculated field value? Maybe anyone can share some screen shots. Epicor consultants helped use to do that with MtlTags, but they say that it is impossible with BAQ reports.

Solve the case, so I will share with screenshots, maybe it will be useful for someone. For the base script thanks to EXPERT @josecgomez
So you need:

1. Create BAQ:

2. Create empty calculated field as NVARCHAR

3.Make baq updatable, go to advaced BPM section, on GetList create PostProcessing and add custom code:

foreach(var y in result.Results) //UBAQ results
{
    var arr= (from x in Db.FileStore.With(LockHint.NoLock) where x.FileName == y.Part_ImageID && x.Company == y.Part_Company select x.Content).FirstOrDefault(); //Get image content
    if(arr!=null)
        y.Calculated_calc = Convert.ToBase64String(arr); //Convert content to string
}

4.if you test baq you shoud see that calculated field empty but it actualy carries hudge data, you can check that by copying in like MSWord

1. then create your BAQ report and on SSRS add immage and set fields:

2. and thats it, the result is:

6 Likes

Whoaa ! nice trick!

I would have never thought about using UBAQ abilities…

Thanks MR Gomez !!! :smiley:

Will definitly use it!

But seriously… Epicor should have thought of that, (being able to use the image into a report…) when they introduced this image feature… :thinking:

Can also be done in the RDD.

Printing site logo on forms - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

2 Likes

Thanks Mark,
:hugs:
I will have to test that one… but it seems a better way…

Pierre

I didn’t follow the whole thread, but you can do this with vanilla SSRS, stored procedures, and exposing the images on IIS for internal consumption. In my case, I store the photos in a very specific schema and then parse it to match as a string on a UD table record and then query for it inside my stored procedure:

This returns a URL in the data. Then in the SSRS report, I use an image and point it to the URL specified in the data.

2 Likes

Little late here, but the way I have always done it is just by adding the image and filestore tables to the report data definition, along with the necessary relations. Then you can just add the field to the SSRS query, and bind it to your report as usual…

2 Likes

@Justas is there any way you can show me the Update General Properties and Update Processing settings? This is my first time making an updatable BAQ and I feel like i have something wrong. I cannot test the BAQ on the analyze tab at the moment. Here are screen shots of what I have going on.