Job Details Customization - MES - Doesn't show in Menu Maintenance

You can call support, they will help you.

Does the system call from another form have a customization. Where is it being called from?

The Job Details form is called from the MES main screen’s More Info button:

The MES Menu does have a customization.

Thanks!

Try creating a customization on form PR000037 and rename both customization names to be the same.

1 Like

You are the best! I remember having to do that before just can’t remember where. I will try and get that done today and see if that resolves this issue and will mark your response as the solution. Thank you!!

2 Likes

I was going to suggest that @cchang ! But I couldn’t remember if that applied to the drop down or not.

Sadly that didn’t work.

First, I imported and ensured I checked All Companies and named it the same as the MES Customization:

MES Customization:

Import of the Job Details customization:

Just to show, nothing shows up in Menu Maintenance:

I appreciate the help on this! Let me know if you have other ideas/thoughts. Or would we need to manually program the form load to force it to load the customization?

Thank you!!

Your first screenshot doesn’t look correct. The customization should be on form PR000037 first and not in MESMenu. Whatever customization you have on form PR000037 that is selected in your third screenshot should be used in your second screenshot.

Sorry if that was confusing, the first screenshot shows our customization and name for the MES main menu. The second screenshot shows the customization for the Job Details form (PR000037). I wanted to show that I imported the customization and the name matches the MES main menu customization per your recommendation above.

The third screenshot was just to show that the customization that was imported for Job Details doesn’t show in the drop down, just like my original issue.

I hope that is more clear, let me know if not, however. Thanks!

Are you in the cloud? Don’t you have to create a new menu item for the PR000037 first to be able to apply your customization? The Module would be UD but with the same Menu ID.

Hello! No we are a local installation. We tried creating a custom menu item, UD, instead of using the default one but still the customization doesn’t show:

If you’re on-prem you don’t have to do that. But the customization on both the form and the process being named exactly the same is correct, I remember that much.

Your Program icon should be Process.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking type, smh buuut what about your enabled checkbox? Is it checked?

No worries! Yeah it was, I unchecked it because we disabled the regular Job Details menu item, but then when the custom menu didn’t work I tried to bring back the Job Details menu item and disabled the custom menu to try and have Job Details show up in the list again (I can manually set Job Details to enabled in Ice.Menu but it still doesn’t show).

I appreciate the help btw, this is stumping a couple of us here. Never had this kind of issue before.

Sending you very happy, Figure-it-Out-Friday vibes!! :star_struck: :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:

Thank you!! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I tested and it worked on my end. Try right clicking on the Customization field in the Menu ID PR000037 and do a ‘Refresh List’ and the customization should display. It originally wasn’t there until I did a refresh list.

Hello!

I just gave that a shot:

And still nothing. I am going on vacation but going to inform my team of this thread. A few questions if you don’t mind:

1. What version of Epicor are you using? We are running 10.2.500.8
  2. Did your MES Menu have a customization?
  3. How did you name the customization for the Job Details?

Thanks again @cchang !! I really appreciate you taking the time to help!

Hello!

I wanted to post the solution so it was here if anyone else runs into this.

First this issue was fixed with Kinetic 2021.2.14.

We worked with Epicor support and they helped us with a workaround that got the customization to load. It did not require creating a UD menu record, etc. What we had to do was create a uBAQ to manually update the Arguments column in Ice.Menu for MenuID PR000037 to include the customization: “-c MY_CUSTOMIZATION_NAME”. The customization name did not need to match the MES Menu customization name either.

Then when we loaded Menu Maintenance it showed up, and when we loaded the form in MES it loaded the customization. Please note, use a uBAQ and do not use SQL to manually update Ice.Menu.

Hope this helps someone, thanks again to everyone who responded!!

2 Likes

Glad to know that is still the recommended way of doing it!

See an old post here about that same thing rob!

1 Like