MES customization deployment?

no, I’ll give that a shot. (… grumbling about losing my hot keys…)

No help on the clear cache.

Can anyone tell my which program I am supposed to pick for this? Erp.UI.MESMenuMaintEntry.dll or Erp.UI.MESActivityEntry.dll ?? It seems like both are working (for the base form anyways)

I figured you would have tried that already. :wink:

Yes, thank goodness for test environments. That is just very strange that the upgrade wouldn’t apply your original MES customization to the new .dll Program and it would keep the older Program name. It’s just interesting that you had that old Program name in there from 10.0 but you could still see the original Customization when you opened MES in 10.2? You can’t run those things through the Customization Verification process can you? :thinking:

I just tried that and it gives me an error. Interesting that they all show up there though.

This is for the base MES screen right, if so, neither of those DLLs are what you need. You need the Menu.MES as it shows in the calling msg box. I dont know if its related, but I have seen similar issues where from certain versions the base form name has changed. This means your original custom will have to have this name changed in the XML probably.

Alright, I found it again, I have to select “all files” to get to it. (annoying) but ok.

None of the customizations show up though. Not the original, not the copies, nothing.

I seem to remember engineering workbench having the same problem. :thinking:

I had to write a UBAQ to set the arguments for the menu item in a case like this. Because the form name changed, and they didnt update the filter, customs for it wont show. You can look at the format for setting a custom on a menu item, i am pretty sure its just -c custom name

1 Like

Brandon - Interesting… I may be late to the party, but did Epicor change something behind the scenes during the 10.0 > 10.2 upgrade, where it’s using a different form name (i.e. going from blahEntryForm to blahTrackerForm…), so there isn’t a 1:1 match? I’d suggest popping in an EpicCare ticket - We’ll all probably stumble on this one eventually, and the upgrade process should have caught and fixed it (or at least flagged it with a warning).

I’m in the process of making a ticket now.

@Chris_Conn do you have any more details about what you did? I’m not quite understanding what you needed to to with the Ubaq.

Here?

Because the menu maint screen isnt listing your customizations, you can force the menu arguments.

When you set a custom on a menu item, it sets arguments = -c CustomName

1 Like

So you set that in the UBAQ, there’s nothing that you can do to make it allow you to choose what’s actually there. Gotcha. Let’s see if I can make this work.

That was the ticket.

For those of you that are interested, you make a UBAQ on the the table Ice.Menu. Make Arguments updateable. Then you can type in -c YourCustomizationNameHere . This will force set the customization instead of using the drop down.

Here’s the Ubaq if you are on 10.2.200 or later.

MenuCustomizationSet.baq (23.0 KB)

4 Likes

I am pretty sure this fix came out in 10.2.200.8.

What version are you running?

Hmmm. This fix seemed to clear up most this issues I ran into with the menu problems in 10.2.200. Maybe MES was left off. We actually got a retro for this in .8. Now I am curious.

Well i just assumed the fix for the Workbench and other menu items applied to all menu problems but i was wrong. They came along and fixed the MES menu issue in .16. You can get a retro for this in earlier versions.

Dan, they probably were only aware of the ones we’d reported up to that point.

Seems like it. We had reported a few menus under the first fix.

1 Like

Sorry for all the issues with this - the MES menu problem was corrected in Menu Maintenance in the 200.16 Update.

2 Likes

No worries, @Rich we know you guys are hard at work on everything under the epi-sun. You can’t fix it if you dont know it’s broke :sunny:

1 Like