My company has a job opening for an controller/accountant. Container International in a plastic injection molder, we have 2 Chicago area locations, employ approximately 150 people, and have been in business for over 60 years. If anyone is interested please contact me and I would be happy to share more details. I am cutting and pasting a copy of our “job ad”. Thanks, Rick
The Accountant/Controller will lead the accounting function for a stable and growing privately held manufacturing business. This hands-on professional will be a key member of a close-knit team and will perform and lead the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, general ledger management, standard cost setting and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s financial performance.
- Oversees the operations the Accounting Department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, pricing, costing, and variance analysis.
- Leads the month-end close process.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements and monthly financial reporting.
- Analyzes manufacturing variances and maintains and updates standard costs.
- Oversees company’s inventory including cycle count programs & periodic full physicals.
- ERP improvements for financial module leads projects to optimize functionality.
- Manages the banking relationship, tracks cash use, and forecasts future cashflows.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Provides financial analysis on capital investments.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Coordinates annual CPA and bank reviews implementing recommendations, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- ERP/MRP Manufacturing software
- Experienced with standard costing and manufacturing variance analysis.
- Proficient in cost accounting using GAAP methods and recommendations.
- Bank financing and cashflow forecasting experience.
- Familiarity with fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Manufacturing background in a standard cost environment
- ERP/MRP implementation and/or update experience