Job Traveler Print Attachments from Part and PartRev

I think it turned out to be in Document Type Maintenance… and I honestly don’t know what changed… the settings are the same as they were before. Thanks for all your collective help!

2 Likes

I agree with @jbryant - need to make the viewing work for sure.

The ECM connection is used for both submitting and viewing from within the ERP client, so if you can submit then the connection is good and you should be able to view them.

Do you have anything set in Document Association Maintenance? It stores view/print commands for certain document extensions.

1 Like

Awesome!

Gald we could help!

1 Like

@jbryant when you brought in the partrev table where did you link your alternate method and processmfgid fields to in the job tables?

@Nicholas_Mueller If I’m understanding the question, I didn’t add anything to those fields.

1 Like

@MikeGross is by far the ECM (Docstar) guru! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Both @MikeGross and @gpayne are Guru’s, but Mike should be paid commission!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I love this forum, and I love Mike.

What’s fascinating to me is that this post started by @jbryant, mentions he knows little about ECM and then some months later he is back on a post he made asking for help, but this time he’s providing the help! :rofl:

That’s what it’s all about people!

3 Likes

I was going to say @josecgomez I could probably present using the barcode module in ECM to split documents and file them if there is any time you need filled with something at insights.

With @MikeGross 's help, of course, I was able to use the barcode splitting and reading in ECM to create a document workflow that ultimately attaches packing slip paperwork to the receipt in Epicor. That way when AP is paying a PO invoice, they can reference it as a related document when they are questioning the receipt.

Not sure if we need someone to present but I could do that if we are fielding presenters again.

Thanks @utaylor , appreciate the comment and completely agree. The folks on here are fantastic resources and a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks to all!

3 Likes

I turn my back on the forum for an hour… I love you guys!
And @gpayne and my setups are different enough that we cover the whole gambit almost!

Snow White And The Seven Dwarves Dwarf GIF

I would not consider myself a Guru, but ECM and IDC are not something you need to be afraid to make changes to.

3 Likes

That comment alone, @gpayne, indicates guru-hood…

2 Likes

For sure.

I have a DocStar attachment printing with my job travelers, but they queue to the printer as two separate print jobs. I want them to come out as one print job stapled together. Anyone find a way to combine the two print jobs?

Welcome @Jessica.Hasbrook !!

The way the server process works doesn’t allow for collecting/combining PDFs before printing them. More than likely because you can have more than just PDF’s when working with file attachments, and the server would have to have a way of converting them all to PDF (and combining them).

A number of folks here have discussed various ways of using some custom code to combine the files using temporary files and a custom PDF function library, but I don’t know if you want to do something like that.

There is a module from Epicor called Job traveler Attachments - it’s from the Customer Solutions Group, so contact your CAM about it. It may do what you want. There is also an Epicor Idea that you could vote for https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ECM-I-40.

Thanks Mike! I will investigate these options.

Hi Jeff,

Is there any chance you could show the detail inside your routing? The break and each take?

Thanks,
Nolan

Here’s the Break:

1 Like