This is the First “Take”, take Part Dwg:

Is this what you’re looking for?

1 Like

this is the next one, Take Part ODS:

Yes - exactly! Thanks a bunch!

Last one, Take Part Rev Dwg:

What is the PartODS one for?

Awesome, glad to help!

ODS is Operator Data Sheet. It’s printed with the traveler. The machine operators record their measurements at the machine on this form.

I gotcha - it’s something that you guys do as part of your process?

Yes, exactly. Basically, an example that any form can be printed using ECM.

Does this routing work for all attachments within the job? We have attachments on all manufactured parts in the job. Assemblies, and sub-assemblies.

When I just tested this, it only printed the drawing for part that the job was for (i.e. the top-level), but none of the assemblies.

That’s a great question. I can see the issue being that the part number changes. I assume the sub-assemblies are different part numbers. We may need to reach out to the DocStar ECM gurus. May need to look at workflows in ECM but, that’s just a guess. You’re essentially breaking down the Method of Manufacturing to get to those sub part numbers.

@MikeGross may have some insight on how that might work.

Jeff - thanks for all the help! I’ll see if Mike has any insight beyond this.

Much thanks!

The rub here is that you are in the Job traveler report. You are subject to the data available while that report prints which includes the JobMtl data. Now, this is where I think I know what to do, but I have no way of testing it. We do not do subassemblies, nor do we have additional part/job specific documents - so I cannot easily whip up a test scenario.

The way you asked the question leads me to understand that you want to print documents previously created/collected and attached to the jobs that created the subassemblies. In that case, we could get very creative with a workflow (skip to the section after the image). If you are talking about static documents attached to the part numbers representing the subassemblies, and those subassembly Part Numbers are listed as JobMtl requirements to the job, then the Take Docstar widget allows you to choose ‘each record’ in the JobMtl table and specify the document to go get. This would work I think.

But if you really want documents attached to the jobs that created the subassemblies, then we get much more complicated. Subassemblies (SA from here on) can be stocked, or created on the fly, and created more than one time before they are consumed on one (or more) currently scheduled jobs. The real trick is making sure your intended documents are the right one for the parent part/job.

Let’s assume the SA’s are separate assemblies under the parent job and NOT separate unrelated jobs. At this point we have to ask “When” do you want the SA documents to print? I assume it’s when you print the top level traveler? We’re getting into a chicken-egg scenario if see what I mean. When do the SA jobs complete, when are documents attached to those jobs, and are we doing everything in the right order to get a workflow to do what we need…

The gist of the solution is this - Print your top-level job traveler with a “Add ECM Document” widget in the routing in order to create the job traveler in ECM as a particular Document type. This type can be permanent - or temporary as long as the workflow cleans up after itself properly. Also, make sure you are passing some metadata along with the document like Jobnum, Partnum, etc. to be used in workflow datalinks. Once the document is created, the associated workflow triggers and can then datalink-query back to ERP to determine if there are any other SA’s associated with the job - and check the status of them (job complete? for example). At this point, you could send the related SA documents to a printer that the top-level Traveler was sent to. I don’t think you can send a parameter like that to ECM, so unless you get fancy and do some custom code magic to store which printer the top-level traveler was printed too, then collect that in the workflow - not sure if that can be done.

Having said all of that - I’m like 90% sure this could work if everything happened in the right order.

1 Like

Mike what an idea, that’s awesome haha!

The SA’s are part of the same job. And yes, the goal is to have all of drawings print when I print the job traveler for this job. The drawings are automatically linked on the job, as we have them attached to the PartRev.

For stock parts, the existing routing will work perfectly, as they are their own stand-alone jobs, only with 1 drawing.

Now there’s a challenge. Subs within Subs.

1 Like

Looks like you might be in luck :slight_smile:

So this isn’t even what I was talking about really. You’ve already loaded these up in the job(s). I was thinking about documents created during the execution of the SA jobs…

In this case, just add another “Get” widget on the JobAssm table - you need to get the breaking/flow and parameters right for the subs and subs…

Also - there is an add-on from Epicor called “Job Traveler Attachments” which you can get from the Custom Solutions Group via your CAM. It’s cheap and may take care of all of this scenario and other variations. I think it works on just collecting attachments associated with a Job number - not specifically subs or materials - just everything associated.

1 Like

I just made the JobAsmbl my break table, with the same routing, and it seems to work perfectly! It actually prints the travelers by JobAssembly, then the attachment, then moves on to the next one. In essence, it is sorting the attachments with their respective assembly.

2 Likes

Nice work!