Keep getting prompted for Username and Password

This is connection to TestEDD/DataDiscovery server. I am not very familar with its setup but I think it is not configured correctly. Probably you can swithc it off somehow? After that HP should work fine.
Alternatively, look into EDD setup, but I cannot help with it.

1 Like

Actually, go and try to switch off Windows authentication in the EDD application in IIS.

1 Like

If I turn it off for the default web site it works, but not through productions EDD or production itself. Isnā€™t this incredibly insecure since the entire site has authentication disabled?

Well, it is not unauthenticated, it will just not try to use Windows auth, just tokens.
But if it is production, do not change it. I donā€™t know enough about EDD to recommend that

1 Like

also, it works in test, prior to making this change, just not in production, I dont know if that could narrow down as to what the issue could be?

Issue is with EDD setup and its user authentication, I donā€™t know anything more

3 Likes

ok, thank you so much for your help, I will update as I work through it

1 Like

I had to do a client re-install because I was having other issues --runtime errors in particular. Since I did the re-install Iā€™ve not had the login window pop up; donā€™t know if that fix will hold or notā€¦ but for now all is good.

1 Like

Spoke (typed) too soon! Still getting the login window AND the runtime error!

1 Like

I have been recommended a few things by Epicor, non of which worked. Using what Olga and Hasokeric had recommended seems to have made it work, though I question security on it. In IIS, select the Default Web site.

On the site, select ā€œWindows Authenticationā€ and select Disable. Then give it a try.

Thanksā€¦Iā€™ll try itā€¦but I agree that it doesnā€™t quite seem like the most secure solutionā€¦

I provided that information to Epicor as well, so i will update depending on what they sayā€¦ but i am sure they will not put too much behind it.

Internally, Microsoft is deprecating Active Directory in favor of Azure Active Directory. Active Directly is not web application friendly. To use Windows Auth, the client must have have an NTLM or Kerberos client (which is not a W3C standard). Devices must be on the domain to access the site, which sounds safer until you have remote access and you open up a lot of VPN access.

For more info:

Integrated Windows Authentication | Microsoft Docs

1 Like

uggg, this hits me 2 ways, as the Admin for epicor and IT managerā€¦ wow. Thanks for this info.

I am having a remote session with Epicor today so they can see the way I made it work and diagnose with me the issue, potentially a resolution as well. I will report back if/what I learn something new.

Good luck! Iā€™ve still got to have a call with them on the Application Error Iā€™m gettingā€¦ their suggestion of removing all the Epicor files and reinstalling worked for about 1/2 day. Just havenā€™t had the time to do a webex yet.

1 Like

what error is it?

1 Like

I had that issue, when I updated to 10.2.700.10 it fixed it