Keep getting prompted for Username and Password

I will add, if you are going to update, and want to stick to 10.2, go to the very latest version of 10.2 which i believe is 10.2.700.22

1 Like

Thanks! I havenā€™t done much testing in 10.2.700 - after some discussions on here, I decided to put my efforts into 2021 Kinetics instead and try to get us ready to go with that ā€” of course having the time to test that hasnā€™t been easy to find either. We donā€™t have a lot of BPMā€™s or customizations so Iā€™m hoping that it wonā€™t be too difficult. I just want to make a run through of everything just to make sure it all works.

1 Like

Kinetic is a bit of a nightmare, if you use the kinetic instance, I am on Kinetic now, and a newer version 2021.2 is coming out any day now. It seems like on Kinetic, they have not used it themselves, so there are a lot of common sense things missing. I have decided for us not to use the Kinetic Interface.

1 Like

Any idea at what point we wonā€™t have a choice about the Kinetic interface? Iā€™ve always used the ā€œmodernā€ screen because Iā€™m in too many different areas all the time and it takes so much time to set up the kinetic the way you want it. I like being able to right-click and add something to my favoritesā€¦

When Kinetic 2021 was released, Epicor said that the current UI (which Iā€™m assuming to mean Modern Shell and Classic) would be supported for two more years.

THE FOLLOWING IS MY OPINION. I HAVE NO ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE.

What I read from that is that when Kinetic 2022 is released (going by history, sometime around Insights 2022), it will NOT contain those interfaces, meaning itā€™s Kinetic only. You can stay on Kinetic 2021 (assuming youā€™re not in Epicor Cloud) and receive full support until the release of Kinetic 2023, at which time it will go to Sustaining Support as is their standard support policy.

THE FOREGOING IS MY OPINION. I HAVE NO ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE.

I was told by an Epicor consultant (from Epicor) that classic will stay around for a whileā€¦ but like with any company, you ask 10 different people in a company, you will get 10 different answers. Sometimes you have to wing it. I am one of the 10 though.

1 Like

I agree with @Ernie, the .Net Client will be around for a bit to support users who over-customized and will need more time to convert - if they choose to.

Itā€™s worth noting that the .Net client is built on the .Net Standard Framework, which is not getting any new work done by Microsoft. It uses WCF, also not getting any more love from Microsoft. The .Net client is more work when upgrading and keeping versions in sync. The client only runs on Windows desktops and requires RDP to use on tablets - and one wouldnā€™t even try using it on a phone for any length of time. Finally, itā€™s not particularly performant over the WAN.

Kinetic will be a bumpy ride, just the same as the move from the VB client. And like the .Net Client, people will grow to enjoy the Kinetic experience once the kinks are worked out.

Itā€™s not about agreeing really, its what epicor states, you can find it here

https://epicweb.epicor.com/resources/Pages/Existing-Epicor-ERP-Releases-and-Lifecycle-Support-Stage

1 Like