Kinetic Dashboard with Parameters

Has anyone dealt with Kinetic dashboards… I have a dashboard that needs parameters instead of a tracker filter. Everything works great except anytime you try to filter or sort the grid view it acts like I am refreshing it and calls for the parameters. I can’t find any events or triggers around that would cause it, so I am at a loss.

Has anyone encountered this and found a workaround?

No workarounds at this time.
I am, however, working with Epicor on this. No timeline at the moment.

1 Like

I have also encountered this. If your tracking it via a ticket or problem number please share, BAQ parameters seem to go against Kinetic grid thinking.

I’m not, sorry. I’m going about it a, um, different way.
I’m fairly certain there’s an Epicor Idea out there, however.

I’ve been removing BAQ parameters when possible but also finding it very time consuming reporting all the issues. Some it just a learning curve but it’s not a clean migration by any means.

1 Like

Do Parameters work at all? I know they added the BAQ to BAQ Parameter functionality in 10.2.600+ did it break in Kinetic?

Yeah, they work, they just pop up constantly and in the most annoying way possible.

Just had the revelation that this is likely because kinetic isn’t storing that data anywhere… It is just being placed in the front end for viewing, so anytime you try to slice the data it is going back to the back end to get the data…

Am I in the ballpark?

Kinetic only brings a hand full of records, then if you scroll it grabs more. The kinetic browser behaves differently and this inadvertently triggers the parameters prompt again.

I also noticed my Updatable Trackers are stuck in readonly mode among other things.

Whenever I uplift dashboards, I typically completely overhaul them. Literally everything. Remap, restructure, rearrange (some other “re”). Dashboards uplift terribly.

I hate when you use the Preview button it caches the old preview, and I literally have to clone the dashboard :smiley:

Anyways in a Nutshell… Dashboards need some serious love.

1 Like

So I guess this adds to the premise that they launch a product that was not ready for release !
We too use a lot of dashborad using BAQ parameters. very practical…

Hannah: Question: When you say the parameters window appears again, is the result comming back would correspond to the next set of records, or the initial set ?
Also, are the parameters values present or you have to re-enter then each time?

Pierre

You can accomplish this if you really need it.

It will be cumbersome.

Here is one way:

Design your BAQ with parameters and get it working the way you would like.
When it is final, copy your BAQ and gut it down to just the top level. It doesn’t
even need to work at all, just must compile/save.
(No parameters in this BAQ)

Use Advanced BPM Update to override the GetList.

In the GetList BPM, pull your where clauses ( “Parameters” ) out of the

executionParams.ExecutionSetting and use the dynamic query adapter to call your original BAQ
with the parameters you parsed from the where fields.

Replace the rows in the called BAQ with the ones from the real BAQ and Bob’s your uncle.

Kinda Hokey, but if you need this functionality now, it can be finagled.

Interesting workaround but yeah very cumbersome.

It grabs a certain number of records for paging (looks to be about 300 based on Dev Tools).
When you scroll past that, the parameter window comes up again (with no previous value) and you have to enter the same value to get the next 300 results.

Something I just noticed too… you lose the first 300 results after entering the parameter again… Neat. Nevermind. That was just a glitch, I guess. Shocking.

There has to be an easier workaround where I make a REST call to the BAQ service which I do all the time outside of Epicor…

Just a struggle trying to piece everything together with minimal documentation

Imagine if it has to be updatable… :rofl:

Lemme play with it. I’ve messed with the execution settings before in dynamic query REST calls, so I’m sure there’s a way to pass in the ExecutionParameter field.

1 Like

FYI: