Kinetic ideas 50 idea limit frustration

There’s not a single question in Idea 139 that we users can see. It’s a BIG, as in large, idea with lots of potential pieces, and there should be lots of questions. This idea helps gives customers the tools to maintain and upgrade their systems - even making cloud upgrades and migrations easier. Sixty-nine different people make up the current 136 votes, including @edge at last check, and we’re still gauging interest? :person_shrugging:

Anyway, this :horse: is D-E-A-D.

I apologize to all the OP’s of the threads I’ve invaded over the last two years, and to the group moderators (@josecgomez, @rbucek, @bderuvo, and @jgiese.wci) who have built a great community here with open communication.

I promise I will no longer disrupt the list with posts about the Epicor Ideas program.

3 Likes

Hey there, sometimes the loudest customer is your BEST customer. Why are they complaining? Because they are passionate and a bit frustrated. Those are the things Chris Wartiki oughta be looking for, this forum is a gold mine for any CX and Support Manager, Product Owner, CEO.

5 Likes

I don’t agree the horse is dead. Multiple people from Epicor are here explicitly saying they want to hear our feedback, and I will take them at their word.

Looking at the 10 most popular Kinetic ideas (because I don’t really care about all the other products), the top one is in development - ok but it has been for more than a year, not really clear where this is on the roadmap. The only other idea in the top 10 noted as in development is copy paste from excel, which is just a parity feature (make kinetic not be worse than classic). I don’t think its fair we have to waste votes on making kinetic not be worse than classic - that should just be a given.

None of the other 8 ideas in the top 10 have any indication of anything being done about them.

I understand there are a lot of competing development requirements and limited resources. But if the idea is to spur customer engagement and make people feel heard, this isn’t really doing it.

1 Like

Alisa… thank you for kind remarks (assuming that you are talking about us Epicor employees who participate here)…
YES… one of the views I look at every week in Epicor Ideas is one like you showed here… sorted by number of votes. I also have a view showing number of comments, number of engaged customers…

Re the status… In Development vs Gaging Interest vs Submitted… since this past summer, there has been a hugely growing interest internally with Epicor Ideas, and as such, we have been reengineering how we use these status values. THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS… so some of the many thousands of ideas still need reset. There have been many discussions around the right way. Also note that Epicor wants ONE approach… but at the same time we have many products (P21, Kinetic, CPQ, etc) that also use Epicor Ideas… so our approach requires agreement among all product managers.

If you see “In Development”, in our Kinetic world, that means that we have a Jira Epic created, and Development is sizing the epic, and POSSIBLY it is scheduled for a future release. Example is the “BAQ as a data source”… yes it has been in dev for a long time… it WAS scheduled for the last release, but was not able to get completed. it got rescheduled for the spring… but again, due to resource constraints, it missed delivery, but now is firmly scheduled for fall… will it make it? I sincerely hope so.

One other note… IN THE FUTURE (still a work in progress) we PLAN to RELEASE your votes once the story is In Development (and assigned to a firm release?). IN THE FUTURE we will also be releasing a formal SOP for how we use these status codes, how votes are used, when they are released, etc. until then, you may see us casually communicating the any changes to Epicor Ideas (please don’t shoot the messengers) :grin:

6 Likes

I said humans. Not Americans

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Epicor Learning

The idea Log In - Epicor Identity was an idea around Industry Classes and how they are edited in Customer Entry. The issue is that the field was current set as a type into field, OR a SEARCH for field… The idea was not totally relating the real problem. Turns out that you could right click and get to the search… but better yet, we are changing this to a combo so that it works easily without searching. So… we didn’t really finish the idea the way that the original request was, but we did make it work much easier than before. it was a quick fix and we created the story and put it into our enhancements.

1 Like

I’d like to request that the term “Americans” be banned in this forum and that only the term “U.S. citizens" be allowed. The former is clearly harmful (or at least offensive) to some people and the latter is far more precise and acceptable language. Unless, of course, you really mean residents of North America and South America, then no problem / no hay problema / sem problema / pas de problème!

Just stepping up in place of WokeBot…

This is me, I horde my “50 pieces of candy” for the REALLY important ideas to me.

You got 3 of mine, we’ve ran into this issue.

But do people not understand that you can move your vote from one idea to another at any time? They don’t get used up like candy. If a more important idea comes along, you can just take a vote from something you care less about now. I really do not understand the vote hoarding, and based on Tim’s comments this is now being used as justification for NOT giving us more votes (because we haven’t used up the ones we’ve got). USE YOUR VOTES PEOPLE
Maybe if they see 100 users all maxed out on votes they will understand that 50 votes is a ridiculous limit.

1 Like

Yes, but I don’t have time to police my votes either. That said, I used up all my remaining votes on @Mark_Wonsil, @askulte and a few other ideas.

Can we change the banner ad at the top of EpiUsers from the ‘Advent of Code’ to ‘Use Up Your Ideas Votes!’, and link to Idea’s portal?

1 Like

Something about this thread

the random piling on Epicor?
the way “Ideas” works?
@klincecum 's picture?

Just made me think of a famous quote:

2 Likes

Well Epicor has officially killed the idea to have more than 50 votes. Not sure how I can possibly disagree more, but its pretty clear our input is not valued as the logic for cancelling the idea is nonsensical. For anyone not subscribed to the idea:

Sigh.

They just don’t get it.

People will hoard their votes until an idea is important to themselves.

This limits the engagement, which is the whole point in the first place.

With more votes you are more likely to vote for ideas you think are good, not just beneficial to yourself.

Personally, I think they should remove the votes entirely, and encourage people to comment and discuss the idea.

3 Likes

Yep. The idea of limiting votes at all only makes sense in the context of directing resources to true enhancements/new functionality. Like would you rather have this new module or that one. In the Epicor support context, where almost NOTHING is a bug and EVERYTHING is working as designed (no matter how poorly designed it may be), limiting votes is ridiculous. Nobody is going to vote for an idea they disagree with no matter how many votes they have. And its not realistic to use customer vote counts to prioritize the development work, which seems to be how Epicor perceives it. There should be product owners working to understand the problems and prioritize the solutions for development.

1 Like

Well, yeah but you all are commenting here and not on the ideas portal…

Well, the decision by Epicor has officially changed my tune. I am going to use up all of my votes and keep them used.

I think that since Epicor has laid out the rules for the game, we should all play by them. If we do play by their rules and it is still not working, then we may get them to change.

2 Likes