Kinetic Trace Helper Utility 1.0 (Kinetic Web) Chrome Extension

Give it the Dracula theme!

1 Like

That was my first choice as the default but then I switched to Monokai for various reasons.

@jgiese.wci Skinned it alive and we added some new features so I present

V 0.5

• New UX Experience
  • Enable / Disable
  • Save to File
  • Load from File
  • Hide / Show Headers
  • Generate CURL Command (thanks for the neat request @spaceage )

Demo

Download:
KineticUITrace.zip (407.8 KB) V0.5

Strip out authentication headers? That would be nice.

It’s already there :slight_smile: that’s part of the new feartures we added you can strip out
CallContext, Auth, and Session headers (if you chose to)

But… if you leave them in, you have a 1 click import into Postman that works and uses your TOKEN…

So Excited Reaction GIF by Originals

Security <> Convenience

1 Like

OK, we’ll have Nun of that young man.

come on Mark live a little I know its a security nightmare but technically all the HAR type utilities are and it is soooooooooooooo sexy to just copy paste that sh* into postman :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let your hair down and join me in the dark side at least for a little while. I’ll consider adding client side encryption to the dump file so that you can’t accidentally save a dump and all your credentials too

I like the feature, I was talking about the GIF…

1 Like

so was I :smiling_imp: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Unbelievable you two were able to uplift it that quickly. LOVE the Postman functionality - that’s going to make life so much easier! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 Like

We’ve officially released Version 1.0 of the tool see OP for updates and a new walk through

We have summited to Chrome Web Store and it is undergoing review. Let us know what you think and and any new features you’d like to see.

3 Likes

Small suggestion - add search functionality for text/regular expressions within the Request and Response frames. I can certainly copy/paste the content into another application that supports searching, but it would be mighty convenient to have it right in the extension.

Thanks again for this awesome extension!

1 Like

That shouldnt be too hard we are using Ace Editor and it has that capability :thinking:

2 Likes

@spaceage I haz some ideas on this but it will take time. Real jobs and all that nonsense.

1 Like

Appreciate you!

1 Like

The extension is now officially available in the Chrome Web Store :partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Impressive Work! I truly appreciate the fact that this extension seamlessly integrates without cluttering the DOM. It’s a valuable lesson for Epicor to consider separating certain Debug Utilities into Chrome Extensions, just like what you’ve achieved here. Kudos to your team for this brilliant approach!

2 Likes

Recently, Cloud Flare created a HAR sanitizer based on the last Okta breach.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-har-sanitizer-secure-har-sharing

1 Like

Already found bugs that we don’t know how to fix yet:

• Don’t click the icon in the extensions area in the top right it opens a partial panel, we never handled that menu
  • For this to work the dev tools have to be pinned to the active tab not floating. Not sure how to fix or if we can because of active tab detection we need to use
  • Need to opening pinned it seems pinning after the fact seemed hit or miss on working.
1 Like