Kinetic UD Form - List View?

Hey,

I’m not seeing a way to display and edit UD01 records in list view as in the classic forms.

It’s pretty cumbersome to do a search for each item when there are many items to edit.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Joe

Updatable Dashbaord?

That would surely work. I could enter the “detail” record in a tracker, I suppose.

Thanks, Jose.

Joe

I’d put this under loss of functionality if you need to build something that previously existed out of the box. For me I live and breath in UD tables as lookups for product configurator, if I have to add a Dashboard everytime I start a configurator project with that will be a pain.

1 Like

@jdtrent I didn’t fully understand how bad it was until I tried it myself.

This is User Interface - without personalizations.

And the list view just shows the data.

But no editing of the columns (which I had to personalize the view to show.

If I needed it that badly I’d try adding a grid connected to UD100A, I guess.

It would also help if we could get the items in the tree. All this dang backing up. . .

Maybe they’ll add the functionality in 2021.3? :slight_smile:

Joe

Hey,

I’m circling back to this, and have tried some new things without success. Working in 2021.2.8.

I’ve:

• Added a grid panel and connected it to the dataview (UD04). Added the columns, etc.

• Added a button to fire a function and use getrows to fill the dataset with records.

That works fine. But the keyfields don’t set to the current/active row in the dataset, so trying to save a record changed in the grid complains about the keyfield changing.

I haven’t found a way to trap a change in the current row or reset the keyfields to the current row (tried a SysRefresh_KeyFields after my getrows function).

I haven’t seen Kinetic 2022 yet. Has maybe this changed for the better?

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Joe,

I am now attempting this myself in 2022.2.11 and having the same difficulty. The standard Kinetic screens, something as simple as the ABC Maintenance, does not have this functionality. Not sure it is possible - yet? I am going to keep trying and if I find something I will update.

Scott