Kinetic URL cache issue

Users who using our Kinetic URL to access our Epicor environment through Chrome instead of the local client are suddenly getting server error message (see below details) a couple times per day. If I open an incognito window when the error occurs, I can log into Epicor, other browsers load Epicor. I see no communications issues to the server.

We’ve been on Epicor going on 4 months now and this issue just started happening daily with all of our Epicor Chrome users. Local client Epicor users do not have this issue. The solution is to close all Chrome windows and reopen Chrome. I’ve cleared Chrome temp files and cache for all time.

I feel like this is an Epicor caching issue since the issue resolved when restarting chrome. Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do from a cache management standpoint to prevent these issues?

Thanks!

We just had a user with the same issue, however they were using the local client and not the web browser. They were selecting the hyper link from a classic menu to try the new Kinetic version and when the Kinetic main grid displayed - they received the “Cannot connect - Server not available” error. After finding this post I had the user clear the client cache and the error no longer displays.

I’ve experienced it, in addition to constantly being prompted to log back in… not sure how to replicate it.

Yeah I’ve seen that as well where it selects the wrong record… I just upgraded our environment to 2022.1.18 hoping it would help the time out issue but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I wish I would have put everyone on the local client when we went live with Epicor but the local client has its own set of issues. Primarily with performance, if you open a window like Sales Order Entry, it opens a blank Kinetic window. You have to close and reopen the window 2-4 times for it to load the Kinetic screen. Classic windows work 100% of the time and have no performance issues from what I’ve seen. I’m going to upgrade to 2022.2 this weekend to see if it helps with any of these issues. Also upgrading some network switches to see if that helps. No other web applications experience a time out or kick symptom like Epicor is so I’m pretty sure it’s with the application but proving that to Epicor will be difficult. Thanks for the responses!

It got pretty exciting last April when a certain Windows Update appeared…

2021-04 Cumulative Update for 2004/20H2 (KB5001330)

1 Like