Kinetic Web browser Print Preview

Amazed

I have install Edge Agent and still don’t see any print previews.

Don’t let your boss see that! :rofl:

Edit: I can spell… really!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MarriedShortGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

2 Likes

So… We’ve been anticipating a post on using the conditionals to inject behavior beyond Boolean conditions at some point so congrats Hannah - we should probably send you a prize of some sort. Probably will not surprise you all to know that there will be increasing sandboxing added here to stop users from breaking outside the condition box as well as a designer for non-coders to help you know what you can/can’t do there.

On the feature here… we do have open previews and data exports automatically rather than making you click the alert button tagged for 23.1 so that is upcoming. That was a poor design choice on our part (only showing these kind of actions in the notification panel to select) which we’ll be changing.

Edge agent as someone mentioned also will not impact this either way it gets us access to local actions like printing and local file access but not required to view a pdf preview.

3 Likes

1 Like

Tickets to F1 in October maybe? :thinking:

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hannah you really outdid yourself here… This is nuts. So amazing hahahah

Gotta give some credit to @josecgomez here. He came up with the ugly JS code.

2 Likes

fixed it

1 Like

It’s so great. The console widget is wild

Enjoy it while Epicor lets us have it

1 Like

Yes!!! :raised_hands:

I am trying this and I am getting the error below. I am trying to learn js but I am not at the point to troubleshoot this code. I am trying to go from sales order entry to Print sales order Acknowledgement. I have that working except passing the sales order number which i could use help with too. Once I type in the order and it retrieves it I click print and this is the error I get.

That black part is what we need to see lol :slight_smile:

Show us your version of this:

eval ("var byteString = window.atob('{SysRptList.SysRptLst_RptData}');let int8Array = new Uint8Array(new ArrayBuffer(byteString.length));for (let i = 0; i < byteString.length; i++) { int8Array[i] = byteString.charCodeAt(i);}let documentBlob = new Blob([int8Array], { type: 'application/pdf' });let fileURL = URL.createObjectURL(documentBlob);console.log(fileURL); window.open(fileURL,'_blank');")

You can change the names to protect the guilty if you need.

This is what’s blacked out.

https://server/project2/Apps/Erp/Home/main.a5d0dc98451493a9bd38.js:1:2635957)),

Here’s the code

eval ("var byteString = window.atob('{SysRptList.SysRptLst_RptData}');let int8Array = new Uint8Array(new ArrayBuffer(byteString.length));for (let i = 0; i < byteString.length; i++) { int8Array[i] = byteString.charCodeAt(i);}let documentBlob = new Blob([int8Array], { type: 'application/pdf' });let fileURL = URL.createObjectURL(documentBlob);console.log(fileURL); window.open(fileURL,'_blank');")