Label printing

Hi All,

We required to print label from Epicor. Does anyone has any idea about any cost effective lebel printer and software which is compatible with Epicor?

Thanks
Sazzad

Hi Mohammad,

We are as basic as it gets… Dymo label writers connected to shipping guy’s computers. We do not do high volume of shipments daily. If so, we’d definitely need something better. For our needs however, everyone likes these little label writers and the shipping folks can easily use the software that came with it to occasionally make their own labels for things. We have a couple of extra in IT storage in case one breaks, because they are quite inexpensive.

Nancy

1 Like

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your response and sharing the information. We need it for our shipping and production team. We also don’t print high volume label. There is a requirement from management to buy anything which is compatible with Epicor and our employees can share the label printer as well as print general labels. The software comes with this label writer can print general label too?

Thanks
Sazzad

Hi Sazzad,

Yes, the label writer has an easy interface to allow them to print their own made general labels too.
As far as sharing, however, I have no experience with using it as a network printer, but a quick google search makes it look feasible. Due to low cost, we just bought several and have them hard wired. Also, our users prefer the dymo with “twin turbo” that allows printing of a couple of different labels sizes without having to switch out labels. It think we’re at about 4 years without needing to replace one yet.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for sharing valuable information.

Thanks
Sazzad

1 Like

SSRS auto and manual printing can handle quite a bit. If you require more flexibility and speed Bartender integrates with the system very well.

Zebra printers are very solid for manufacturing. Bartender software has good support for them as well.

Hi Nancy,

I think to run the Dymo label software printer needs to be connected with the PC.

Thanks
Sazzad

Hi Paul,

Bartemder does provide multiusers license?

Thanks
Sazzad

Bartender has different versions and does provide multi licensing. I believe they license per printer. Not the least expensive solution, but very reliable. Their support is excellent.

SSRS will work out of the box with auto printing in Epicor as well. I would try using the built in tools first and then see if you need a more robust solution. I think it all depends on what all your requirements will be, such as speed, network configuration, types of data needed on the label, reprinting, logging of each print job, and if you would like the ability to print directly from Bartender. Epicor supports both solutions and you should be able to talk to your CAM about it.