Last Operation Dilemma

I've worked around this in E10 by adding an assembly operation as the last on an assembly, with no time on the production standard. It at least lets us complete the job.

We are reporting quantity only.

Joe

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Todd Caughey tcaughey@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Are the jobs linked as filling demand on an order (but shipping from the job)? You could split the line into a release for the wet painted parts and ship that release then later ship the rest on release 2. The mechanics of the job site (having parts in WIP at the right oper) might take some manual fudging. I guess that’s how I would approach it.

-Todd C.

Â

Â

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:36 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Last Operation Dilemma

Â

Â

We are on 9.05.702A SQL and have a operation dilemma that I would like some feedback on.

Â

For a group of parts here the last operation is a subcontracted powder coat operation.

Â

There are times that the turn around time is not fast enough and we paint a few of them (wet spray) internally instead off the same job and send them to the customer ahead of time. This creates havoc with the job of course.

Â

When we go to ship from the job, only the powder coated pieces are available to ship. We are not sure the best way to account for the internally painted pieces.

Â

Suggestions?

Â

Thanks

Â

Brad Boes

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

We are on 9.05.702A SQL and have a operation dilemma that I would like some feedback on.

For a group of parts here the last operation is a subcontracted powder coat operation.

There are times that the turn around time is not fast enough and we paint a few of them (wet spray) internally instead off the same job and send them to the customer ahead of time. This creates havoc with the job of course.

When we go to ship from the job, only the powder coated pieces are available to ship. We are not sure the best way to account for the internally painted pieces.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Brad Boes

Are the jobs linked as filling demand on an order (but shipping from the job)?  You could split the line into a release for the wet painted parts and ship that release then later ship the rest on release 2.  The mechanics of the job site (having parts in WIP at the right oper) might take some manual fudging.  I guess that’s how I would approach it.

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:36 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Last Operation Dilemma

Suggestions?

Thanks

Brad Boes