Manufacturing + purchasing lead time report

We are on 8.03 coming from a non Epicor system - so I have very limited knowledge of 6.1

Does 6.1 have any kind of multilevel BOM report (likely an Engineering or Costing report if it exists)?

Assuming it does, I would try using one as the basis to modify into a variation to give you what you are looking for.

* It would already have the 'heavy lifting' report code in place to traverse, display multi-level structures.

* If (like on 8.03) such reports stop exploding downward through BOMs as soon as it encounters a non-phantom fabricated level, you could probably ID the code preventing it from further exploding down through all fabricated levels (until all purchased levels are reached).

* 8.03 doesn't require (or desire) fixed non-phantom fab item lead times to be maintained at the Part record levels (as would be done for purchased items so MRP can use it for time phase offsetting) as its paradigm is to schedule jobs into current load conditions and use those resulting (actual) dates to determine total lead time (when a Job is scheduled). However, it doesn't prevent it.

I assume 6.1 at least allows fixed fab lead times to be entered at the part level whether 6.1 uses it or not when MRP planning or setting up rough cut schedules.

If that is true (and your lead times are realistic for typical supply/demand conditions) you should be able to further modify the report to report these lead times at each BOM level and then do a bottom up longest lead time path lead time cum to determine the critical/constraining longest lead time branch path.

Again - no direct 6.1 knowledge but that is (and has been since the 1970's) fairly boiler plate stuff for any MRP/ERP product.

Worth a try? (Good luck to you on it.)

Rob Brown

bmcclena2 <bmcclena2@...> wrote:
Has anyone already developed a report which shows the total 'critical
path' lead time for a part, including manufacturing and purchasing
lead times for all manufactured components?

As the lead times that our customers give us get shorter, we are
trying to identify the parts whose critical path exceed the order lead
time. We have many parts up to 7 or 8 levels deep on the BOM, and we
use manufactured components that go to stock rather than sub-
assemblies.

I can't find where this information is stored anywhere in the tables.
Any help from someone who has already gone down this path would be
greatly appreciated!

Barbara McClenahan
vantage 6.1

---------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Has anyone already developed a report which shows the total 'critical
path' lead time for a part, including manufacturing and purchasing
lead times for all manufactured components?

As the lead times that our customers give us get shorter, we are
trying to identify the parts whose critical path exceed the order lead
time. We have many parts up to 7 or 8 levels deep on the BOM, and we
use manufactured components that go to stock rather than sub-
assemblies.

I can't find where this information is stored anywhere in the tables.
Any help from someone who has already gone down this path would be
greatly appreciated!

Barbara McClenahan
vantage 6.1