MES - Automatic Clock Out

I think you’re gonna have a tough time as BPMs require a trigger to process, they arent time based.

I dont necessarily agree with auto clocking out, but if I were tasked to do it, I think I’d make an external exe to do this (run on a schedule or as a service), then excecute the clock out via REST.

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Do you have any examples of a exe? I don’t even know where to start.

You can create a BPM to update LaborHed and LabotDtl ActiveTrans = false. This will leave the end time at 23.59 so that next day supervisor will fix the time. It can be scheduled using BAQ Export Process or Build Project Analysis.

1 Like

Do you have a copy of your BPM I can see?

Or if you’re close to upgrading to 500 plus you can create a function and schedule that directly as well.

Use a trace on clock out to see how the system is doing and build your BPM to match.

2 Likes

Do you have a snip of the BPM you wrote in this post?

Here’s mine but i’m getting an error.

Agree if they are on 10.2.600, can use BPM Functions to schedule the process. I am using this for the last 6 years from 9.05.606 days. Clock out function will mislead the actual clock out time. It’s better for the user to fix it the next day.

Logic is for each LaborHed check for ActiveTrans = true records. Then link LaborDtl for that LaborHed record and update ActiveTran = false where ActiveTrans = true.

Next check for LaborDtl where ActiveTrans = true and update it to false.

Both the conditions will take care.

So you don’t need any custom code?

Custom Code is required, I posted logic for custom code.

1 Like

I’m on 10.2.400 is there anyway to run this as a schedule?

You can schedule via BAQ Export Process.

Can you import the BAQ the BPM is inside. I wrote that before I had functions.

Awesome!

Seen this before?

That’s my custom loger you can use Ice.Diagnostics and replace the logging or remove those lines. It’s aptly named BetterLog, because it’s a better logger than Ice.Diagnostics. I blame @Bart_Elia that category specification in WriteEntry from Ice doesn’t work.

1 Like

Where does the Ice.Diagonostics log live?

Hi,

I manage this using the a BAQ import/ export powershell script that is scheduled to run @ 23.55 every night.

Fortunately, there is no night shift to deal with, as I am still not sure how Epicor expects you to run a shift across two calendar days.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

Using DMT or custom BAQ script?

I use the DMT.

I’m happy to post the script, if you want to give it a go.