Method not displaying on Invoke External Method

Hi,

I am trying to call a dll in a Post-Processing method. I copied the .dll to the “Externals” folder and I find it in the “Add Reference” but somehow, I am not able to use the method per the screenshot below. I recycled the IIS Application Pool multiple times with no success.

Are your methods public? Instance or static?

Public I believe, below is what I started the code with:

namespace BpmCustomCode
{
public class SendToTMSClass
{
public void SendFileToTMS()
{
throw new System.NotImplementedException();
}
}
}

What version of .net did you compile these to?

@danielc0877 did you get this sorted? Same problem…

Is your class static? IIRC it had to be to call it from an assembly reference.

Anyone have a solution for this. I have a public static class and a public static method and I cant get the method list to populate. Any Ideas

1 Like

bumping this… in 10.2.700 my system works and this dll and the ubaq directive calling it have been unchanged since 10.1.66

Running the associated dashboard throws a missing method error.

The dll is available in references and the directive does not show outdated.

If you hit “check syntax” on the directive code widget, it says the namespace is not found, and then the workspace won’t close due to compile errors.

Does anyone know of a new setting that controls externals?

OK, progress - if I

• Remove the DLL
  • Restart everything
  • Manually set the UBAQ to “Outdated”
  • Restart everything
  • Replace the DLL
  • Restart everything

THEN I can open up the C# widget in the UBAQ, add a reference to the DLL, and “Check Syntax” returns OK.

THEN I can save the directive and set “Compatible” and save again, and everything compiles.

However it still returns an error Method not found: 'Void Ice.IceDataContext.Validate()'.

Also if I add the external method widget, it takes this DLL but the DLL’s methods don’t show up.

Anybody have any ideas? I know this is low-level for a Friday…