More than one UBAQ in a Dashboard?

Hi All,
I am still experiencing the BAQ Update error from the start of this post. Epicor tech support gave up on it without any help.

You can reproduce the error yourself with these steps:

1. Create two uBAQs called test1 and test2. Each query contains only a single calculated bit field set to false. This is a simple query with syntax:
select 
	(0) as [Calculated_Checkbox1]
  1. The update box should be checked for both BAQs, and the checkboxes should be the updatable fields.

2. I turned off BPM Update and am using Advanced BPM update only. You do not need to setup custom actions or directives for this example.

3. Create a dashboard called TestDash.

4. Insert both uBAQs as grid views.

5. Set both views to updatable, and prompt for update on the checkboxes.

6. Save and compile your dashboard.

7. Open the compiled dashboard.

8. Refresh all queries. There should be one row in each with a single checkbox.

9. Click a checkbox in one query.

10. Then try to click a checkbox (or anywhere at all) in the other query.

11. Observe error.

I think I need steps to bypass the BAQUpdate action when switching between views, after selecting a row (or rows) to update, but before processing custom actions to utilize the updated rows.

Any help or nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Nate

This is a big red flag and as I suspected it is the issue (at least with this example) when you set a UBAQ to advanced BPM you are REQUIRED to have a BPM enabled in the Update method for it to work correctly.

As a rule of thumb test each individual UBAQ manually in BAQ Designer and make sure you can do the update there before moving it to a dashboard.
As you stated if I follow your steps outlines I do in fact get that error, but as soon as I fix the UBAQ to work properly the error goes away
https://uce5342cf718ffdbf8cb12fdfe19.previews.dropboxusercontent.com/p/orig/AAja1kFeA3N1l7uMvDZEhpfwwOjI3bKuluk3HY0-Jilutrx0kUlZa7WOH_YzSsrZhw4KuO9UEA-cepVo6qeygUZB2awbbDbH51DGldc0EVohJF_5I17LPNKuPE31Sn5AshB8dupc-8QN5u6XWgN_tyi8bpNqLlpucQlO_Mo-FjFY2GD5uCXkP4cqjHDh3QaxTY9lhYP5VUFlBWY84hNEy1c4bJKOFLd980Q7JBouTu4XyrzA_Xr97DGtvp78RQ0vcg0X43Q9qukpTU5c2w7F4xLQOhlNT3cBRbOTeeaGMx1baNlKG8j0lRvv7sXKef5UVKd2WC8C2Nns3eXdVbV_JpAfdPV2PZk8UIEKkdadVvAK6w/p.gif?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Even if that is not the exact problem in your original issue, the issue is that your UBAQ is throwing an error (of some sort) on update. You need to verify those UBAQs in the BAQ Designer first to figure out what the problem is.

PS: I did create 2 BAQS and followed your setup exactly TEST1 and TEST2 I only updated the one in the gif but the same principle applies.

2 Likes

Does it have to be in the Update method? Normally I put my work into the custom action.

Yes even if its just a blank code block with a comment on it. IT calls the Update method automatically when you do something so it needs to be there otherwise the BAQ will throw the error.

1 Like

That did it! Thank you so much!