Moving from Epicor ERP to P21

Couldn’t agree more, this is why I love this group.

1 Like

I think that’s pretty general - but it’s an incredible framework for modelling your processes.

Again though, processes first…

1 Like

yes to all. We’ve pared it down so fulfilment jobs have 3 standard ops

1. pick
  2. backflush shop supplies
  3. assemble

and then shipments use SOPL

And manufacturing is more individual with punch, bend, shear, subcontract, etc

where there’s multiple subassemblies we use code to roll up the operations at execution time so users only touch eaxh job once.

Steve, would you have a moment sometime next week to chat with me and someone way more involved on the process side of our operations?

We’d love to hear and learn from you about your procedures and Epicor transactions/customizations/implementation.

sure, drop me a line at steve.fossey@rangerdesign.com

No worries,
My P21 know how is not up to date, but feel free to contact me and I try my best.
awunsch@lsc.com.au (the au indicates we might not be in the same time zone :wink:

Good evening, everyone,

Just to update you on the process. We are currently going to recommend to the management team to move forward with:

1. delay the move forward with Kinetic for the new company
  2. Have a full review of Prophet 21 for the needs, as it is believed to be the best go forward solution.
  3. Supper high level budget based on previously provided pricing and estimate on SOW time.

Meeting is tomorrow at 11:00 est and I will provide an update.

Thank you for your feedback and assistance.

John

1 Like

So, at this point management is wanting to stay with Kinetic. If we do open to discussion again, it could be Kinetic, P21 or JDA Edwards as our parent company uses that.

Thank you all for your input as it was helpful.

1 Like

Hey Andreas,

I apologize for resurrecting this post but I haven’t been able to find ANY information about migrations between the erps.

My company has a plant in Atlanta that is currently on the P21 system and we are beginning the process of bringing them over to Epicor. Is there any sort of documentation that relates to this at all ?

Hi Milan,
Honestly no idea. If there is nothing to find in this forum or from Epicor, then I don’t think so.
As I stated then, me personally I would not even try to map it in some shape or form. Reason being, terminology, data types and usage are so different that I would treat it as a new implmeentation.
Understand the new table structure, the to be processes, thus gain the understanding how your data is to be mapped. Me personally I would not trust any automated mapping tool.
Extracting then the data from P21 to the Epicor DMT files becomes so much easier.
I hope they have a good reason to move to ERP from P21 other than company decision unless being a manufacturer.
Good luck

1 Like

The biggest issue I have seen with AMM is the fact that in order to ship there are a gazillion steps…users just want the easy button. They find the process very long winded…The main reason for this I think is that it often gets demonstrated end to end rather that in guise of the individuals that would be typically involved in the process.

Even if you show them the use of Mass Ship/Ship all in Customer shipment entry you get?

“Can we ship just do it in the click of a button, with visual cues that prevent the shipping for things like stock outs, pending receipts, credit limit…”

Large customisation ensues…

3 Likes

The nightmare that is my CustShipEntry customization layer :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like