MRP Job Query

Hi

Does anybody know which setting would control how MRP is creating suggested jobs. The 2 unfirm jobs at the top of this list are being scheduled to start on the same day, which is what we desire. What we actually want is for that supply to be a single job. It is configured as Make To Stock, so having it made on one job and go into stock is what we want.

UNF0000129 is showing a ReqDueDate of 04DEC, where UNF0000130 is showing ReqDueDate of 05DEC.

As the job runs on a continuous bottling line there is no break between the 2 jobs, they all travel down the line sequentially until the combined number of 11,172 bottles have been produced. Split job on Epicor means 2 lots of traceability information, paperwork, labels etc.

Thanks for reading.

Hi Mark,

Could days of supply > 0 help here? I think maybe days of supply will combine demands into one job.

Nancy

As @Nancy_Hoyt suggested, you want to set the Days Of Supply in the Part/Site tab to something greater than 0… Example: if you set it to 5, it will always combine the next 5 days worth of jobs into one job (unless you hit the Max Lot size). In theory you should get suggestions similar to what I show in this graphic… (but I may have messed up somewhere here). Note that in some scenarios I end up with extra parts if I have order Multiples or Min Lots that force me into it:image

5 Likes

Thank you both, knew it was there somewhere but the help description didn’t give it away.
@Nancy_Hoyt
@timshuwy

1 Like