Multi-Level Pegging Display Tutorial

Does anyone know of a good tutorial that walks through what Multi-Level Pegging Display shows and the logic it uses to gather its data?

We have been trying to understand how to use this tool to find the shortages we need to cover, but we are a bit unsure of some of the vocabulary and the quantities it is showing.

2 Likes

That is something I’d be interested in knowing as well. I’m navigating through it, but still have many questions.

you know what they say… if the book you need doesn’t exist, it’s because you’re supposed to write it!

Can you document your use case à bit for us at least?

A little background we swapped into epicor a little over a month ago on a super tight timeline, so we didn’t get a lot of testing time to get MRP perfect, so as we are right now, MRP is generating about 2800 unfirmed jobs every night for around 1400 unique parts, with 600 unfirmed jobs needed in the next 45 days.

Traditionally the way we went about planning and releasing jobs in our old system was to do what we called a shortage report. Which was done by starting at the top level sales item and going down layer by layer to determine what items we needed to produce, and whether a job existed or we needed to make a job for it.

When I read through the Multi-Level Pegging Display information it seemed like it was supposed to do what our old shortage report did… Drill down through the layers of a part and show what is needed, but in practice I can not seem to make sense of what I am seeing in that display.

Luckily we have 3 days of MRP consulting scheduled this week.This will get us fixed up in terms of our MRP suggestions, and hopefully at some point we will discuss the MLP display.

Have you looked at the ‘Production Planning Process’ and ‘Production Planning Workbench’

I run the process after MRP has completed and it provides a good summary of potential part shortages on jobs.

It’s not a sophisticated as ‘multi-level pegging’, but it is a useful tool.