Multi-Site setup for costing?

@timshuwy, I need some quick answers to an issue regarding costing. We are adding a new manufacturing site using standard costing, like we current use. The new site will be using the same part numbers we have in our current site, however the costs will be different between the sites for the same part. All of the parts are manufactured by us at the respective site. Question is, how are different costs associated with a part depending on the site for quoting and ordering, or do we need to have different part numbers for each site? This is a completely new area for us, and we need to get this set up in a very short time, so any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

To have multiple sites with different costs, you need to:

1. create a new COST ID
  2. Create your new SITE, and point the new COST ID to the new SITE
  3. Load the new Cost ID with the data from the old Cost id (using Cost Workebench) and change/post the costing.

So… now, you have part one complete. Your two sites each have their own cost records.

Now, to your question of QUOTING… I actually have never tested/tried doing the quote to see how the COST is used from different sites, but I believe that if you are in site 1, it will use cost id 1 to gather the costs… site 2 will get cost id 2 to use.

Tim, how do you change sites in Epicor? We would need to be able to order parts from more than one site in the same order, can we do that?

yes, you can change sites, and yes, you can combine POs from more than one site. To change sites, ONCE you have created the site, you can simply tell the system which site you want to be in. Note that SOME transactions are site specific… for example, when you are multi-site, and you are in Site 1, you cannot adjust inventory in Site 2. You cannot edit JOBS that are in Site 2. BUT you CAN create POS for either site 1 or site 2.