My thumb got stuck

You can’t remove it, but you can change it (you only get one)

1 Like

No, I think it’s stuck.

Go ahead, give me a thumbs down.

You just hover over it on the right side and pick a different one.

3 Likes

You can remove it too. Just click on it and it should remove

2 Likes

No, I mean no offense, but I know how to change a reaction. This one won’t budge. Maybe after a time delay it cements it?

[Moved this after you split the topic]

haha okay I’m gonna impersonate you and check(note this may kick you out… ) stand by

1 Like

So you were right… turns out there’s a setting for this

You only have 10 minutes to change your mind LMAO… I just bumped it to 30 mins. #TheMoreYouKnow

4 Likes

Ha!

OK cool. Well, I’m still leaving it, so :stuck_out_tongue: @Evan_Purdy

But the fact that I couldn’t undo it scared me that I had scarred him for life.

Preferring a single screen scarred me more than any emoji you can find

1 Like

:desktop_computer:

@JasonMcD There is still a single screen for you. Dual 27"

Well it’s better than dual monitors, but still no way.

My reasons for never using multiple monitors:

1. They fall over all the time and/or it’s hard to angle one over to show something to a coworker
  2. Too much desk space
  3. My biggest annoyance: You click on screen A and the window opens on screen B. This is the 99% of the reasoning.
  4. Laptops only have one screen anyway
  5. I am not a gecko
  6. Snapping screens is (nearly) impossible at the edges that touch
  7. It takes forever to move your cursor, or it gets lost

From that list, I conclude you need:

1. Better screen mounts
  2. A larger desk
  3. DisplayFusion:
  4. A HDMI cable
  5. ??
  6. DisplayFusion:
  7. DisplayFusion:

(I really like DisplayFusion…)

Well, I did not know about this computer application.

Gecko = my field of vision is not 359 degrees. It is kind of a sticking point (pun?). I feel like Nick Fury in Avengers 1 trying to look at all the monitors.

Also, I can’t exactly demand a larger desk… Nor do I want monitors to consume it.

I mean, it’s not like computers are my life… Oh.

He turns…

(edit: solid Marvel reference!)

Don’t get a cheap one a really good arm doesn’t ever move unless you want it. Mine has a bar you can push pull and yank around without messing up your alignment.

Not if you get a decent arm that attaches to the back of your desk then you have plenty of room

Most modern operating systems remember where you had your screen I can’t remember the last time I had this problem. If you are really picky there are programs you can install which basically “fence” your apps to a certain area or screen.

They don’t have to if you are cool like me they can have 3 too

https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Laptop-Screen-Extender-Compatible/dp/B09NNF6KTV?ref=dlx_prime_gd_dcl_tlt_133_6d19a6ec_dt_sl7_1a

Bummer geckos are cool

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: just take a breath friend, it works fine if you take 1.2 seconds to slow a tiny bit down.
ezgif-1-433e2cdba4
[/quote]

Just tap Ctrl on your keyboard and your mouse will light up like a Christmas tree. Courtesy of Microsoft power toys.
ezgif-1-7d2eb97d10

1 Like

Haha!

@JasonMcD, I just read your self-bio on your profile… it’s illuminating!

Stick with what you’re comfortable with. If you’re getting your work done and don’t want to do the “more hardware” thing, then don’t.

And go out and buy a newspaper!

3 Likes

I used to get a little annoyed at that, but using the windows key plus the arrows makes it easy.