New jobs created from a sales order

The best way to achieve what you want would be to not generate the sales order (or sales order line) from the quote. With no linked quote, it will always look at the BOM.

Charlie Smith

Smith Business Services / 2W Technologies LLC

www.vistaconsultant.com <http://www.vistaconsultant.com/> / www.2WTech.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Caster
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:50 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] NEW JOBS CREATED FROM A SALES ORDER

WE THINK WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE WAY THAT VISTA HANDLES NEW JOBS CREATED FROM A SALES ORDER NO MATER HOW YOU PUSH OR PULL FROM THE SALES ORDER VISTA WANTS TO BY DEFAULT TO PULL THE BOM FROM THE QUOTE. NOW PROBABLY YOU WONT SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT SAYING THAT THE QUOTE PULLS FROM THE BOM SO IT SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM AND I WILL AGREE MOST OF THE TIME ON STANDARD PRODUCT "BUT"

IN SOME OF THE QUOTES WE ARE QUOTING SPECIAL PRODUCT ON THE FLY WE MIGHT PULL IN SOME STANDARD PRODUCT AND MAKE UP PART NUMBERS AND OPERATIONS JUST TO GET A COST TO THE CUSTOMER THEN ONCE WE HAVE WON THE QUOTE MY ENGINEERING SECTION WILL BUILD THE PART IN ENGINEERING WORK BENCH AND IT IS CHECKED BY MY SELF FOR COSTING AND RELEASED BACK TO SALES TO CUT THE JOB FROM THE SALES ORDER NOW THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTS. WHEN SALES TRY S AND CHECKS THE THREE BOXES TO CREATE THE JOB OR TO PULL OR PUSH THIS TO A JOB IT ALWAYS DEFAULTS TO THE QUOTE AND YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THAT QUOTE THAT WAS CREATED ON THE FLY NOW HITS THE FLOOR FOR PRODUCTION

SO MY QUESTION IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE VISTA NO MATTER WHERE OR HOW YOU CREATE A JOB THAT IT ALWAYS DEFAULTS TO GET DETAILS FROM THE BOM AND NOT EVER FROM THE QUOTE NO MATER WHAT OR AT LEAST GIVE YOU THE CHOICE BOX TO PULL FROM THE BOM NOT THE QUOTE .

VISTA 8.03.409A

THANK YOU

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
WE THINK WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE WAY THAT VISTA HANDLES NEW JOBS CREATED FROM A SALES ORDER NO MATER HOW YOU PUSH OR PULL FROM THE SALES ORDER VISTA WANTS TO BY DEFAULT TO PULL THE BOM FROM THE QUOTE. NOW PROBABLY YOU WONT SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT SAYING THAT THE QUOTE PULLS FROM THE BOM SO IT SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM AND I WILL AGREE MOST OF THE TIME ON STANDARD PRODUCT "BUT"

IN SOME OF THE QUOTES WE ARE QUOTING SPECIAL PRODUCT ON THE FLY WE MIGHT PULL IN SOME STANDARD PRODUCT AND MAKE UP PART NUMBERS AND OPERATIONS JUST TO GET A COST TO THE CUSTOMER THEN ONCE WE HAVE WON THE QUOTE MY ENGINEERING SECTION WILL BUILD THE PART IN ENGINEERING WORK BENCH AND IT IS CHECKED BY MY SELF FOR COSTING AND RELEASED BACK TO SALES TO CUT THE JOB FROM THE SALES ORDER NOW THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTS. WHEN SALES TRY S AND CHECKS THE THREE BOXES TO CREATE THE JOB OR TO PULL OR PUSH THIS TO A JOB IT ALWAYS DEFAULTS TO THE QUOTE AND YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THAT QUOTE THAT WAS CREATED ON THE FLY NOW HITS THE FLOOR FOR PRODUCTION

SO MY QUESTION IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE VISTA NO MATTER WHERE OR HOW YOU CREATE A JOB THAT IT ALWAYS DEFAULTS TO GET DETAILS FROM THE BOM AND NOT EVER FROM THE QUOTE NO MATER WHAT OR AT LEAST GIVE YOU THE CHOICE BOX TO PULL FROM THE BOM NOT THE QUOTE .

VISTA 8.03.409A

THANK YOU
Sorry about the caps I work in them all day

Jim Proteau
Caster Concepts
Phone 800-704-1562
Fax 800-800-0036

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Caster" <casterconcepts@...> wrote:
>
> WE THINK WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE WAY THAT VISTA HANDLES NEW JOBS CREATED FROM A SALES ORDER NO MATER HOW YOU PUSH OR PULL FROM THE SALES ORDER VISTA WANTS TO BY DEFAULT TO PULL THE BOM FROM THE QUOTE. NOW PROBABLY YOU WONT SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT SAYING THAT THE QUOTE PULLS FROM THE BOM SO IT SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM AND I WILL AGREE MOST OF THE TIME ON STANDARD PRODUCT "BUT"
>
> IN SOME OF THE QUOTES WE ARE QUOTING SPECIAL PRODUCT ON THE FLY WE MIGHT PULL IN SOME STANDARD PRODUCT AND MAKE UP PART NUMBERS AND OPERATIONS JUST TO GET A COST TO THE CUSTOMER THEN ONCE WE HAVE WON THE QUOTE MY ENGINEERING SECTION WILL BUILD THE PART IN ENGINEERING WORK BENCH AND IT IS CHECKED BY MY SELF FOR COSTING AND RELEASED BACK TO SALES TO CUT THE JOB FROM THE SALES ORDER NOW THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTS. WHEN SALES TRY S AND CHECKS THE THREE BOXES TO CREATE THE JOB OR TO PULL OR PUSH THIS TO A JOB IT ALWAYS DEFAULTS TO THE QUOTE AND YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THAT QUOTE THAT WAS CREATED ON THE FLY NOW HITS THE FLOOR FOR PRODUCTION
>
>
> SO MY QUESTION IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE VISTA NO MATTER WHERE OR HOW YOU CREATE A JOB THAT IT ALWAYS DEFAULTS TO GET DETAILS FROM THE BOM AND NOT EVER FROM THE QUOTE NO MATER WHAT OR AT LEAST GIVE YOU THE CHOICE BOX TO PULL FROM THE BOM NOT THE QUOTE .
>
> VISTA 8.03.409A
>
> THANK YOU
>
A quick option, that isn't as clean as you may want but should work.

Create the job without "get details". Then enter the job, get details and select from where you want to get the details. It'll default to quote, but you can select part BOM instead.

Ken

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Caster
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 5:55 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: NEW JOBS CREATED FROM A SALES ORDER - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Sorry about the caps I work in them all day

Jim Proteau
Caster Concepts
Phone 800-704-1562
Fax 800-800-0036

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "Caster" <casterconcepts@...> wrote:
>
> WE THINK WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE WAY THAT VISTA HANDLES NEW JOBS CREATED FROM A SALES ORDER NO MATER HOW YOU PUSH OR PULL FROM THE SALES ORDER VISTA WANTS TO BY DEFAULT TO PULL THE BOM FROM THE QUOTE. NOW PROBABLY YOU WONT SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT SAYING THAT THE QUOTE PULLS FROM THE BOM SO IT SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM AND I WILL AGREE MOST OF THE TIME ON STANDARD PRODUCT "BUT"
>
> IN SOME OF THE QUOTES WE ARE QUOTING SPECIAL PRODUCT ON THE FLY WE MIGHT PULL IN SOME STANDARD PRODUCT AND MAKE UP PART NUMBERS AND OPERATIONS JUST TO GET A COST TO THE CUSTOMER THEN ONCE WE HAVE WON THE QUOTE MY ENGINEERING SECTION WILL BUILD THE PART IN ENGINEERING WORK BENCH AND IT IS CHECKED BY MY SELF FOR COSTING AND RELEASED BACK TO SALES TO CUT THE JOB FROM THE SALES ORDER NOW THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTS. WHEN SALES TRY S AND CHECKS THE THREE BOXES TO CREATE THE JOB OR TO PULL OR PUSH THIS TO A JOB IT ALWAYS DEFAULTS TO THE QUOTE AND YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THAT QUOTE THAT WAS CREATED ON THE FLY NOW HITS THE FLOOR FOR PRODUCTION
>
>
> SO MY QUESTION IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE VISTA NO MATTER WHERE OR HOW YOU CREATE A JOB THAT IT ALWAYS DEFAULTS TO GET DETAILS FROM THE BOM AND NOT EVER FROM THE QUOTE NO MATER WHAT OR AT LEAST GIVE YOU THE CHOICE BOX TO PULL FROM THE BOM NOT THE QUOTE .
>
> VISTA 8.03.409A
>
> THANK YOU
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]