New Navigation Tree feature coming to Kinetic 2024.1

Check this out :safe_harbor: Safe Harbor… things are still in transition, so the final version might be different, but this is coming along nicely! :safe_harbor: (music added for additional drama). (TS EDIT: Repaired video to have release version of 2024.1)

16 Likes

Looks great @timshuwy!
The video shows 2024.2, have you pushed this up to 2024.1?

oops… that was a typo… should say 2024.1
(I UPDATED THE VIDEO and REPOSTED IT)

1 Like

I watched until the end in case there was a stinger.

Spoiler:

There isn’t one.

what were you hoping for?

Maybe Epicor engineers sitting around eating/talking like this stinger: :smiley:
download

Reminds me of Insights in 2019 when I sat at a table with the animation group for the online education videos. That was a very interesting conversation…

Love it! I wish there was also a generic search at the top that would find the actual field for you even in collapsed panels – whether you typed the label or the database field name. Sometimes its just impossible to find the thing you are looking for.

4 Likes

Tim, If you can redirect to particular fields, you can make a workflow of critical fields for tasks like: “Converting a Prospect to a Customer”, “Creating a Purchased Part with Min/Max/Mult, etc.”, “Ensure Sales Order Tax and Salesperson”. Essentially bypass all the non-critical fields, and ensure that the critical fields are not missed.

@timshuwy What is the planned breadth of this feature? The video shows the feature on Part Maintenance… but will this be applied to other/all forms with tree views as well?

This would be very valuable on BOMs & Jobs if we could search for assembly numbers and/or part numbers. In that case being able to expand the tree down to the searched for/selected Assy or Part would be amazing!

Digging through multi-level BOMs is a huge time-sink while trying to locate a specific assembly or part number somewhere in a huge bill.

this is a generic search within every application. Once you load an app, you can search for any field by its label… but you dont have to type it exactly. Typing in “limit” into the Customer entry app will find “credit limit”, and it will find it even if that page or card is collapsed.
The only thing it does not do (“yet?”) is search for Group by box labels. It also does not search the data within the screens.

this search is only designed to navigate through the field names themselves. It doesn’t search through the dataset that is loaded into the screens.

this could be an interesting excersize for using AI to convert a set of text instructions into a list of fields that need to be filled in.

1 Like

This is awesome! So excited to see it. Will this also locate field labels for UD fields?

I believe that it should locate those as well.

1 Like