No Warehouse or Bin?

Good afternoon,
I am testing a complex process in my Pilot DB. We are considering changing our part costing method from Last to Lot Average to more closely match reality. Part of this process is using DMT to adjust the quantities of parts down to 0, so that the part costing method can be updated.

As I was watching DMT chug away at 10K records, I saw a handful of issues come up. There are a few parts with Qty on hand, but no warehouse code. Also, some parts on hand with a warehouse code, but no bin number. DMT wouldn’t adjust these quantities due to the missing warehouse/bin info. I also could not adjust the quantities through Quantity Adjust. DMT successfully updated over 10k parts with Quantity Adjustment in just over 1.5 hours.

If we have data for parts on hand where the warehouse, and/or bin is blank, how can we adjust the quantities to match reality?
Thanks for your time!
Nate

Switch from Last to Lot Avg Costing? - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

In a similar vein, I have a qty on hand for a part with a good whouse and bin number, but the UOM is listed as UNKN. I assume this was an old mistake, but I can’t Quantity Adjust or Inventory Transfer this qty on hand because of that UOM. Any Ideas?

## System Information ##
==================

AppServer Connection: https://centralusdtpilot01.epicorsaas.com/SaaS512Pilot
Form Name: Quantity Adjustments
Customization Name: 
Menu ID: IMGO3009
Software Version: 11.2.200.0

============

Business Layer Exception

Unit of measure conversion not found for Class:Count  UOM:UNKN

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

## Error Detail ##
============

##!Correlation ID:##!  94606a4b-1795-495b-8027-37b11b015c34
##!Description:##!  Unit of measure conversion not found for Class:Count  UOM:UNKN
##!Program:##!  Erp.Internal.Lib.AppService.dll
##!Method:##!  UOMConvInternal
##!Line Number:##!  2648
##!Column Number:##!  21

## Client Stack Trace ##
==================
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, RestRpcValueSerializer serializer)
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithMultistepBpmHandling(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Call(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)
   at Erp.Proxy.BO.InventoryQtyAdjImpl.NegativeInventoryTest(String pcPartNum, String pcWhseCode, String pcBinNum, String pcLotNum, Int32 pcAttributeSetID, String pcPCID, String pcDimCode, Int32 pdDimConvFactor, Decimal ipSellingQuantity, String& pcNeqQtyAction, String& pcMessage)
   at Erp.Adapters.InventoryQtyAdjAdapter.NegativeInventoryTest(String pcPartNum, String pcWhseCode, String pcBinNum, String pcLotNum, Int32 pcAttributeSetID, String pcPCID, String pcDimCode, Decimal pdDimConvFactor, Decimal pdTranQty, String& pcNeqQtyAction, String& pcMessage)
   at Erp.UI.App.InventoryQtyAdjEntry.Transaction.OK()

My UOM does have an unknown, but the code is ZZ not UNKN.

I tried Refresh PartBin QOH From PartTran. This did remove my record containing the blank bin. Is this the only way to do it? What about that weird UNKN UOM? Do I need a datafix, or is there a repair process that will take care of those?

I’ve got the same issue happening in our live environment, but it happened naturally without any MD/DD/DMT causing it.