Object Explorer outside of Customization mode?

Any way for IT / System Setup group to open object explorer outside of customization mode? I am always opening up random customizations just to see the explorer. Would be a neat feature next to field help and all that jazz.

Looks like in short, no.

If only there was an idea that would let you see the source code, and even compare it to previous versions… :thinking:

3 Likes

I still need to figure out my login for ideas, doesn’t seem to take my EpiCare login probably have to make a separate account?

You have to request access through EpiCare.

Make a customization for UD01Form, and put this code in the script.

Make a shortcut and Bob’s your uncle.

The Data Objects Tab won’t work.
This is normally tied to a form and we closed it :slight_smile:

public class Script
{
	public void InitializeCustomCode()
	{
		UD01Form.Shown += UD01Form_Shown;
	}

public void DestroyCustomCode()
	{
		UD01Form.Shown -= UD01Form_Shown;
	}

private void UD01Form_Load(object sender, EventArgs args)
	{
		UD01Form.Visible = false;
		CustomObjectExplorerDialog objExplorer = new CustomObjectExplorerDialog(UD01Form, oTrans, csm);
		objExplorer.Show();
	}

private void UD01Form_Shown(object sender, EventArgs e)
	{
		UD01Form.Close();		
	}
}

1 Like

That code could easily be modified to add a button to any classic form you like,
with the object explorer specific to the form you are in. :slight_smile:

Dang, thanks for this! Should be a standard feature imo but this will suffice!

I usually use BL Tester to look at data objects and methods and you can use the REST Swagger to do something similar.

I’m about to try attaching a customization to the hidden dashboard and using Ice.Proxy.BO.GenXDataImpl to catch the Key1 name of the customization to call different bpm data forms + function combos now too using the same hide the screen and close it method. Great tips great tips.

Edit - for an unrelated project but using your slick code here

It’s a pain in the ass if it’s automatic and you have a bug, be warned.

Customization Maintenance → Show Custom Data is usually pretty quick as long as I don’t go overboard with the customization before even launching anything else

1 Like