On Next Visit Force a Profile Update?

You know how some sites want you to review your security settings every 12mo or confirm your email (to make sure your address didnt change…)

Could we redirect all users and ask them to update/confirm no changes of their profile here?

The setting in particular I look at is the users Epicor version. When someone posts a question, they don’t post the version and I click on the user photo to see which version… turns out the profile is just 3yrs old.

Made up Example:

2 Likes

Interesting. This is what my profile shows:

Also, I never ran that version. We were on 10.0.700.4 until we went to the cloud.

:thinking:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, we’re not On-Prem per se. We’re in Azure but non-SaaS. Should I change the profile to 3rd-party cloud? Or should we add Azure, AWS, GCP too?

Mr. Observant I’m not…

Moreover, when we reply, add the version in our signature… save us time for the lookup or even the asking in a post reply…

Pierre

2 Likes

You folks don’t ask for a lot do you?! You know what it’s like to develop on this beast!?!? We’ll entertain it but make no promises. Good suggestion.

5 Likes

I wonder if you just showed their version, next to the name that they would be reminded to keep it up-to-date?

But then again, didnt want to clutter the UI

Or when you write a new topic, have a Version textbox? pre-fill in their profile one in there, with option to blank it out.

2 Likes

Easier said than done. This thing is a framework so every adjustment is it’s own plugin I wish it were as easy as my angular apps ha ha ha! but alas it’s compiled.

Why? You mining email addresses to sell off?
:wink:

1 Like

:wink:

2 Likes

If there’s anything that’s really wrong with my profile, it’s that 12 year old picture I use.

Me too, I dont have a flatbed scanner anymore

We can do that? Here’s a 12 year old me.

2 Likes

You look much older than 12. I’d sell that guy beer.
(I’m assuming this is the early 1970’s :wink: )

My Dad gave us beer and the family owned “Wonsil’s Bar” so I never needed the fake id…

Yeah, about 77 I’d wager.

OK, this is more like 12… I was a stag! Right? Because all male deer have buck teeth. :thinking:

1 Like

Hey @Mark_Wonsil, what’s the difference between Beer Nuts and Deer Nuts?

I don’t think I want to know… What?

Deer Nuts are cheaper, they are under a buck