OPINIONS WANTED: New PO Suggestions vs Change PO Suggestions?

Hi

Please do not merge them. This creates too many items to check. The customers prefers to have them separately.

Thanks

@matt.whitman1 Here you go - I did a formal write-up:

https://www.epiusers.help/t/the-stoplight-report-a-summary-of-time-phase-for-all-parts/101977

And welcome to the group!

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. No
  4. I would like to see your thoughts at the next WI EUG Meeting. As a buyer using this every day, I’m used to having the two suggestions separate. I think it could also get confusing if I locked date and/or quantity if all suggestions are being viewed at the same time in the same screen. I use the lock boxes quite frequently for multiple reasons and when I do lock them down, I fully expect to see these suggestions go away in Change PO Suggestions in the case of a postpone suggestion or move over to New PO Suggestions in the case of an expedite suggestion. To answer your question Tim, I could see this enraging me if not done right.
  5. If these two suggestions were to be combined, the name to me is not an issue.
  1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4. Too much clutter combined, and we use the changes to quickly send out suppliers, would require more filtering to clean out new buy suggestions

5. No opinion

I realize that there is some confusion about question 4… if we were to combine them (safe harbor) we would be combining the two APPS into one APP, but two different sections as illustrated below in these mockups… so essentially, the two suggestion types are still separate, but within the same application.
NEW PO Suggestions:

CHANGE PO Suggestions:

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. No
  4. We are still using classic so this change wouldn’t affect us for awhile. As long as you can get to new PO suggestions just as easily with no extra clicks or confusion to ignore the change PO suggestions then its ok to combine.
  5. Grief in the short term. But if you named it something logical we could adjust. Please name it something like Purchase Order Suggestions. Trying to remember which menu items are named Purchase Order and which menu items are named PO is aggravating.
2 Likes

Ah OK, not how I took that, so it’s a needed clarification.

Regardless, I agree, it’s confusing to our people that there are two screens, and combining them is a step forward.

3 Likes

Response from our Purchasing team:

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. ?
  4. I think there would be benefits in principle.
    As New PO Suggestions assumes Change PO Suggestions have been actioned, you could see in one place whether that is the case and act accordingly.
    So surprisingly, I see rainbows and butterflies

The crucial question would be ‘how will it look?’

Without seeing a layout it would be impossible to say whether this would be a good or bad creation.

1. Really would be unmoved regarding the name. So many of the Epicor menu option’s names are peculiar!

Thank you @steveh for the information. re “how it will look”, you can see a preview here: OPINIONS WANTED: New PO Suggestions vs Change PO Suggestions? - #26 by timshuwy

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. No
  4. Whatever way the wind blows
  5. No

We use change suggestions since our job schedule seems to fluctuate, more now that the supply chain is difficult. Sometimes the job has to be moved because of parts that wont be available until a certain date. Not all of our vendors are able to give us accurate dates. Our inventory is mostly Just in time as well.

1 Like
  1. Does your purchasing department use New PO Suggestions. Yes - Daily

2. Does your purchasing department use Change PO Suggestions – Yes Daily

3. Do you have any security differences between these two apps? No

4. If these apps were to be combined into one all called “PO Suggestions” {EDIT: the combined APP would have two sections… one for NEW and one for CHANGE} how would that positively or negatively affect your world? (ie… do you see rainbows and butterflies, you are ambivalent, or this idea would enrage you). For the love of God, Don’t combine them. It would make it a hot mess.

5. If we do combine these, would changing the menu option’s name cause you grief or happiness? Great Sadness. All of our Work Instruction’s and training information would need to change