Order Entry screen showing {{strings.XXXX}} in stead of field names

Oh! So this isn’t going to fix it forever?

I think it stays fixed on any particular screen. My theory is that the “recurrences” are all on different screens.
:person_shrugging:

1 Like

@aball we have gotten it two days in a row now… people getting in on screens like job entry, customer shipment entry, etc. I’m not sure what the pattern is.

Order Entry was the first place we saw the issue. I know I’ve seen it on two other screens but I can’t recall which ones. It seems like you’re seeing the issue more broadly than we experienced.

Sorry I don’t have more insight than that.

I appreciate your help greatly. Yeah, the issue is widespread, but intermittent and it’s not with every user… so maybe it’s personalizations, but I am not sure.

@aball @hmwillett so something interesting about this… on the app server I am seeing event viewer logs saying… And this is every day at the time someone tells me they are getting hte {{strings}} issue…Does this error ring a bell for anyone???

drive\Epicor\Websites\Appservername\Server\Apps\MetaUI\Erp.UI.JobEntry\cache\response.enu.Erp.UI.JobEntry.json' because it is being used by another process.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file Drive\Epicor\Websites\AppServerName\Server\Apps\MetaUI\Erp.UI.JobEntry\cache\response.enu.Erp.UI.JobEntry.json' because it is being used by another process.

This intrigues me.

1 Like

Also this one from yesterday which is different:

And I got one for IssueMaterial MetaUI.

Ice.Common.EpicorServerException: The process cannot access the file ‘drive\Epicor\Websites\appservername\Server\Apps\MetaUI\Erp.UI.JobEntry\cache\strings.generated.json’ because it is being used by another process.
—> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘drive\Epicor\Websites\appservername\Server\Apps\MetaUI\Erp.UI.JobEntry\cache\strings.generated.json’ because it is being used by another process.
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)

I have nothing useful to add. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I will stop the tagging! Thank you!

Yeah me too man…

I’m hoping the original bug report that led to the KB had that information in it.

They may have a bug there with locking files, or accessing them improperly in their backend cache routine.

1 Like

Me either.

Funny Memes Viral Moments GIF by Identity

1 Like

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I don’t see any detail behind what’s causing it… and I can’t keep running a conversion every day or deleting every personalization haha. A conversion that is recommended to be ran with no one in the system …

Schedule that shiiiit.
YOLO

1 Like

Then it’s not illegal then!

THIS JUST IN ctlr + alt + i on a kinetic form does the same thing as conversion 191 in 2023.X and above apparently.

I am going to see if this resolves it the next time people get it, but I really want to understand what’s locking the file.

Ope! Just happened again, and same lock file error on app server at the same time someone reported it.

Well that’s a new one. Ctrl-Alt-I is Windows Magnifier for “invert colors”, an accessibility feature. Did this come from Epicor Support?

Great find @utaylor!

1 Like