Order Entry screen showing {{strings.XXXX}} in stead of field names

Good morning,

Has anyone seen this before? Our Order Entry screen is showing field codes (not sure what else to call them), in stead of the human readable names. We’ve tried different users and different PCs with the same result. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Conversion Workbench, run conversion 191.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply @hmwillett, that fixed it.

Hannah, a little SOS here…

Do you know if that conversion gets rid of the customizations/layers?

We are seeing this on job entry, but nothing else.

Did you have to run this when everyone was out of the system?

We ran the conversion with users in our test system. Users were unable to access or refresh screens during the conversion but we didn’t detect any issues.

I would kick everyone out of the production database before running. No real reason, just seems wise.

1 Like

Thank you for responding and giving your feedback.

Did you have any issues with layers/customizations you had that were published? Did you have to re-publish anything or was it all good?

Sorry, I’d meant to address that question but got ahead of myself.

Our customizations survived the conversion, we didn’t need to re-publish. Our customizations are very simple we’re just showing some UD fields on Order Entry.

1 Like

It’s not supposed to and I have not seen it do so.

1 Like

Thank you.

We have the issue intermittently… is that what y’all have experienced as well?

Same here, I have one panel card based off a BAQ view, but other than that pretty basic.

@hmwillett did you run it with everyone out of the application or with people in it?

I’ve only ever run that after upgrading or in my test system, so no one has ever been in it.

1 Like

Any insight into how long this will take to run @hmwillett @aball ?

COO is asking…

support said 0-5 mins…

Honestly, I have not paid attention, but up to 5 minutes doesn’t seem far off.

1 Like

Looks like 5 minutes.

1 Like

Thank you!

Yes, we see the issue intermittently, I haven’t identified a pattern. It’s been on different screens, I don’t think I’ve seen it repeat on the same screen. I’ve run the conversion 3 times I believe.

1 Like