Over issuing material to a job, is the system aware of this pote

We build cables.  So our BOM's contain contacts that come in reels of 10000 (10k).  We purchase these to inventory and have the material backflush at the appropriate operation.

Does 1 reel = 1 reel or 1 reel = 10000 widgets

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

510-661-6666  Office

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Giese
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:52 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] Over issuing material to a job, is the system aware of this potential stock ?

Dang….. hmm we have a similar issue. What we have done is built a customization that automatically returns those materials to a bin then re-issues them to a job of choice typed in at the time of return.  It will work for us not sure if it would work for you, but all I have.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clive.1972@...
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:46 AM
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] Over issuing material to a job, is the system aware of this potential stock ?

'If you have a lot of this it can be a major headache.'...

Tell me about it !. You know the one thing we've never done is create a dashboard or report to monitor this, stupid eh ?.

Joshua, I'm afraid its a many to one relationship :(

---In vantage@yah oogroups.com, <pjw@...> wrote:

We use a dashboard to monitor items over issued. When seeing time phase and thinking to move in a PO or cut a new one we first check for a gross over issue like you referenced.

If you have a lot of this it can be a major headache.

Patrick

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Giese
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 08:28
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Over issueing material to a job, is the system aware of this potential stock ?

Is the material a one-2-one on finished good parts? Could just backflush it to the job maybe?

Joshua Giese< /p>

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clive.1972@...
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:25 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Over issueing material to a job, is the system aware of this potential stock ?

Due to what we manufacture some of the materials we purchase are supplied on a large reel of tape that may have many thousands of the part required mounted on it that's loaded onto a machine, when we issue the material to a job we'd for example issue a reel of 4 thousand components when we only need 1 thousand to complete the job (the reels cannot be cut or decanted in any way).

We use Epicor 9.05.770C and our problem is that Epicor does not appear to be aware in anyway that we have over issued material to the job that ultimately will be returned to stock. Is anyone here able to confirm that if you over issue material to a job the ERP system has no way of knowing that the over issued material will ever be returned to stock, for example the over issued qty will never be seen in Time Phase ?.

I don't think it ever can be ?, you could potentially over issue materials to a job for many reasons, how would the ERP system be aware that you intend to return them to stock once the job is complete ?.

Thanks.

Tell me about it !. You know the one thing we've never done is create a dashboard or report to monitor this, stupid eh ?.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <pjw@...> wrote:

Dang….. hmm we have a similar issue. What we have done is built a customization that automatically returns those materials to a bin then re-issues them to a job of choice typed in at the time of return.  It will work for us not sure if it would work for you, but all I have.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:46 AM

---In vantage@yah oogroups.com, <pjw@...> wrote:

We use a dashboard to monitor items over issued. When seeing time phase and thinking to move in a PO or cut a new one we first check for a gross over issue like you referenced.

If you have a lot of this it can be a major headache.

Patrick

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 08:28
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Over issueing material to a job, is the system aware of this potential stock ?

Is the material a one-2-one on finished good parts? Could just backflush it to the job maybe?

Joshua Giese< /p>

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:25 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Over issueing material to a job, is the system aware of this potential stock ?

Due to what we manufacture some of the materials we purchase are supplied on a large reel of tape that may have many thousands of the part required mounted on it that's loaded onto a machine, when we issue the material to a job we'd for example issue a reel of 4 thousand components when we only need 1 thousand to complete the job (the reels cannot be cut or decanted in any way).

We use Epicor 9.05.770C and our problem is that Epicor does not appear to be aware in anyway that we have over issued material to the job that ultimately will be returned to stock. Is anyone here able to confirm that if you over issue material to a job the ERP system has no way of knowing that the over issued material will ever be returned to stock, for example the over issued qty will never be seen in Time Phase ?.

I don't think it ever can be ?, you could potentially over issue materials to a job for many reasons, how would the ERP system be aware that you intend to return them to stock once the job is complete ?.

Thanks.