Panel card grid column linking

I was.
Interestingly, I didn’t change anything between when I added the grid and switch the event back to the panel card grid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LinkedPages

My problem was the target for my event was not the Grid Model ID.

gridModelId

3 Likes

I’ve seen that “IsLink” is important when you need to use Grid-OnClick-. When the column comes up as a hyperlink, we can do additional functionality.
In my case, my column was a checkbox (boolean type) and the OnClick wouldn’t work for it. Unless I remove the Boolean feature and the column comes up as “true” or “false” which is then hyperlinked and I get to do what I want.
I ended up using DataView Row Change when I select or unselect the checkbox for adding functionality…

1 Like

I have an actual url in the grid data that I want to open when clicked. It is the tracking details from our Subcontractor Shipments.
I get to the point with my event that I can open a static url, but I am looking for some hints on how to pull the data from the the item I have clicked on.
Here is the grid:

Here is the trigger:

I assume I need to figure out what to put in the Url field here:

What about "{VIEW_NAME.COLUMN_NAME}"?

1 Like

Looks like it’s close, but it opens this url:
https://cadcentraldtpilot00.epicorsaas.com/SaaS507pilot/Apps/ERP/Home/“**https://www.purolator.com/en/shipping/tracker?pins=333714931222”**
Bold portion is the correct url.

I’m getting the same. There may be a global setting somewhere that controls this. I looked at an example under “help”. It doesn’t mention that you have to do something special for it to work. @hmwillett may have an idea.

Got it!

With quotes adds the prefix of the local server:

No quotes goes directly to the link:

4 Likes

Hi Hannah - I am setting up a grid that links to another page and have been able to follow your example but have one issue which I am hoping you have seen before. When I click on the key with my link I first get the below message. I click “No” and the Detail page opens for the expected record so it is found.
My Event is setup as “afterUpdate”

Any thoughts?

Are you sending all 5 keys?

I am currently populating keys 1-3 via a Data Directive when a new record is added. Previously I did populate all 5 but didn’t make a difference, however this was prior to creating the Event. When you say “sending” is there somewhere in the Kinetic layer that I need to link/send these keys?

Can you extrapolate on what you’re trying to achieve?
From the looks of it, you have a UD table with a landing page and you’re trying to go to the Details page when clicking a line from the Landing Page.
That all sounds like native behavior if I’m reading your intent correctly.

That is exactly what I am trying to do. This is the first time working with a UD table and trying to create the Kinetic menus so this is all new to me.

You shouldn’t need to do anything; that’s how it behaves natively.

UD103

I am missing or doing something wrong as I added all 5 key fields and set them with values in my data directive.

when I click on Key1 for an existing record - I get the Record Not found message.
I ran this with debug on using another post for you :slight_smile: and the GetByID is returning a 404

Can you go to the network tab, find the GetByID call, and show me what payload it’s sending?

I was not familiar with the “Payload” as using this debug is fairly new to me. I see the key fields are undefined. I can see them populated in the UD01 table as my data directive is updating them. Is there some setup I need to do?

Okay–I’m confused. You mentioned you created the BPM to populate the key fields when adding a new record, but what you’re describing sounds like you’re just trying to click a record from the landing page to view it. Population of the keys should not come into play here as the record already exists.

So my BPM is populating the key fields when a new record is added to the UD01 table as I thought I needed these populated. Once a new record is added I am trying to click on an existing record from the landing page grid to view/update it via the Detail page.

Should have clarified that I am not trying to update the key fields from the Detail page - just other UD fields I added to UD01 table.