Part Production Multiple Plants

I have never used Vantage 8, but in 9 with multiplant setup our planner/scheduler checks capacity and will change the plant manufacture.

Also if I am not mistaken, with MP, where ever that part ships from, that is where the sales goes to.

Our planner then communicates to the Order Entry person to change the release based on capacity so that the order ships on time.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:10 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Part Production Multiple Plants

Vantage 8.03.405

I am looking for anyone running multiple Plants.  I am interested in how others are managing "where" the part is to be manufactured.  Let me try and paint a scenario...

I have a part setup listing a "Product Group" matching the plant (Plant 1) that usually manufactures and takes the sale.  We have a scenario where there is no available capacity in Plant 1, so it will be manufactured in  Plant 2.  We want Plant 2 to also take the sale for this run.  We no longer do "Transfers".

How do you catch this at time of Order Entry?  How does the appropriate Plants Planner/Scheduler see what he/she should be manufacturing?

Thanks much!

Jeff

Vantage 8.03.405

I am looking for anyone running multiple Plants.  I am interested in how others are managing "where" the part is to be manufactured.  Let me try and paint a scenario...

I have a part setup listing a "Product Group" matching the plant (Plant 1) that usually manufactures and takes the sale.  We have a scenario where there is no available capacity in Plant 1, so it will be manufactured in  Plant 2.  We want Plant 2 to also take the sale for this run.  We no longer do "Transfers".

How do you catch this at time of Order Entry?  How does the appropriate Plants Planner/Scheduler see what he/she should be manufacturing?

Thanks much!

Jeff