Part Replacements

Thanks Jose- we've looked at this, and it would work to incorporate the new part, but it looks like MRP continues to drive component demand based on planning parameters well beyond the effectivity date transition. we don't want to build up a supply of inventory for what would become vanishing demand.

Hi All- I may have missed this in a previous post, but does anyone have a way to replace a current material in a BOM with a new material, incorporating an effectivity date for the new material? The only place that I see an effectivity date is on the Part revision sheet. Any and all thoughts are appreciated. We are version 9.05.701 SQL

thanks.

Well not to sound obvious but by making a change to the BOM you are in effect making a "Revision" to the BOM... so you should issue a New Revision and Change the effective date.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 4:20 PM, cdegreeff@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span>Hi All- I may have missed this in a previous post, but does anyone have a way to replace a current material in a BOM with a new material, incorporating an effectivity date for the new material? The only place that I see an effectivity date is on the Part revision sheet. Any and all thoughts are appreciated. We are version 9.05.701 SQL</span></p><p><span>thanks.</span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>