PartTran.TranNum

I don’t know... Data Dictionary says “unique”.

I did a further analysis. For instance, I have 511 records in PartTran (Progress, 8.03.409C) that have TranNum = 1. I have 360 records where TranNum = 2

We upgraded from 8.03.305 to .409 last year around Nov 10. I noticed from there on there have been NO duplicate TranNum’s written. Looks like the patch fixed it.

I just always wrote reports and prodded around PartTran with the assumption that TranNum was unique. Need to find the last 500 PartTran transactions? Sort by TranNum descending... Guess I need to start relying on the SysTime field...

Nothing ties into TranNum, AFAIK. It would be nice to have a conversion program that re-sequenced them to make them unique.

Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 3:20 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: PartTran.TranNum

I believe it is used in conjunction with other fields to create the unique record....

Index name Flags Fields Datatype
SysDtTime P U Company (+) character
SysDate (+) date
SysTime (+) integer
TranNum (+) integer

--- In mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com, "Vic Drecchio" <vic.drecchio@...> wrote:
>
> This is *supposed* to be a unique field, right? I have instances on 8.0 SQL and 8.03.4xx Progress and both are NOT unique.
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1869 / Virus Database: 2092/4610 - Release Date: 11/11/11

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
This is *supposed* to be a unique field, right? I have instances on 8.0 SQL and 8.03.4xx Progress and both are NOT unique.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I believe it is used in conjunction with other fields to create the unique record....

Index name Flags Fields Datatype
SysDtTime P U Company (+) character
SysDate (+) date
SysTime (+) integer
TranNum (+) integer

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Vic Drecchio" <vic.drecchio@...> wrote:
>
> This is *supposed* to be a unique field, right? I have instances on 8.0 SQL and 8.03.4xx Progress and both are NOT unique.
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>